Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO application

Options
  • 05-01-2011 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

I registered yesterday for a CAO number online and was checking out the format of applying!
    I understand most things except that I am currently doing a FETAC course, its only 1 night a week but it applies directly to the course I'm applying for so I definitely need to mention it. It's a 1 year course which I started in September so the results for this won't be out until May I think!
    Do I just include the course name under 'current studies'?

I'm starting to think maybe I should have ticked the box at the beginning to add a fetac course to my application!?? For some reason I thought this was just if I had completed a FETAC course already?? I'm confused... can anyone help please? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hiya *Lees*,

What box do you think you should have ticked on the application form?

As far as I can make out, it appears you only have to put in your PPS number if you are currently studying or have completed a FETAC course, as stated on page 2 of the application form.

I think you are correct in mentioning the course in the current studies section as I can't find FETAC awards mentioned anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

When you first apply for a CAO number and you fill out the initial form there's a section called "Qualifications and Assessment Summary"
    Here there is a box you can tick that says "2002-2011 FETAC Level 5/6 (NCVA Level 2/3) " (looking at it now it's pretty obvious 2011!!), I'm sure I should have ticked this box?!
    On the FAQ page question 4 answers my query, however the actual form they are referring to doesn't have the "2002-2011 FETAC Level 5/6 (NCVA Level 2/3) " box! :confused: God, this is a lot more difficult than it was back in school when I had the help of a teacher!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I emailed the CAO and they put it onto my online application! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fiona123

Hey I'm also re-applying to the CAO online (non mature) I completed a fetac level 6 two years ago and didn't like the degree i started after so dropped out. I applied as a Standard application like directed, put in my PPS number like it asks and a summary of my (shorted lived) third level education :P all seems a bit brief though...am i supposed to post off all my results and stuff now or what? Might sound a bit silly but I'm also not entirely sure how having a level 6 helps my application? Like i read about the pilot scheme but that only seems to apply to the ITs?! So confused :confused:

Advertisement