Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Confidential's two sequels

Options
  • 02-03-2007 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Not a big fan of sequels, but just read this on imdb:
    The creative team and original stars from cult movie LA Confidential are in talks to re-team for a sequel to the movie, going head-to-head with another sequel starring George Clooney. Director Joe Carnahan is also directing a follow-up to the film based on author James Ellroy's book White Jazz. According to entertainment website Tmz.com, another sequel is being planned by the film's original director Curtis Hanson. Hanson's version wouldn't rely on the plot of White Jazz and would instead pick-up where LA Confidential ended. The sequel would reunite original stars Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce and Kim Basinger, who won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in LA Confidential.

I'm a big fan of the original and of Ellroy in general, so I'll definitely look forward to White Jazz, although my mind isn't completely decided on whether the Clooney being in it is a good idea. But I'll keep an eye out for both of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

Curious. Loved L.A. Confidential. And I like the characters of Edmund Exeley and Bud White. It should be interesting to see two directors' different styles applied to closely related subjects.

Advertisement