Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popular movies you've never seen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

ET is overrated! To be honest, I haven't seen it in years, but I remember being disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Star Wars

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Never seen alot of the older films - Casablanca, Gone With the Wind et al.
    Taxi Driver is one I should watch - tis on tonight actually so might knock that off my list.
    Godfather 2 - have it on DVD but never watched it as of yet. Think the 1st one is the most over-rated film since evers.
    Nashville is one ive always wanted to get around to watching - whether its popular or not is another thing.
    I think missing Scarface (as I have) is completely acceptable unless you are a hip-hop artist on Cribs.
    Also most of the popular nonsense that passes as mainstream entertainment these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Rocky (any of them)
    Braveheart
    Rambo (any of them)
    Saving Private Ryan

. and I'm a bloke.

I'll watch Rocky I & Braveheart & Saving Private Ryan some time but any time they're on, there's always something better to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

The Godfather
    *awaits abuse*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

My biggest sin is having not seen Ghandi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

Anything with Ron Jeremy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

All the Harry Potter films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

To anyone who has yet to watch Taxi-Driver..I was the same boat a number of years ago, then caught a midnight cinema viewing..

IT'S FECKING BRILLIANT. Far better than Rocky which beat it to the Oscar.
    I consider it a masterpiece and in my top 10 favs of all time.

Just buy it.

"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

all of Star Wars
    Matrix 2 and 3
    all of Harry Potter
    Bridget Jones 1
    Zoolander
    Departed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To anyone who has yet to watch Taxi-Driver..I was the same boat a number of years ago, then caught a midnight cinema viewing..

IT'S FECKING BRILLIANT. Far better than Rocky which beat it to the Oscar.
    I consider it a masterpiece and in my top 10 favs of all time.

Just buy it.

"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets"

Did watch it in the end last night and was impressed. Not the biggest of Scorcese fan but was amazed at how unflinching and contemporary it is after 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

About three months ago I realised I had been missing out on MANY cinema masterpieces so I set off to watch a lot of them. Seen a good few, most Kubrick ones, but there's still a few I havn't seen:

Indiana Jones
    Princess Bride
    Casablanca
    Gone with the Wind
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    The Godfather
    Psycho
    Citizen Kane
    Silence of the Lambs
    American History X
    Alien

Now here's some movies which I don't see the big deal about:
    Scarface
    Raging Bull
    The Departed
    Terminator 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i also dont see the fuss about the terminator 2

or the god father 2,for that mather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The Godfather trilogy - I'll get around to it one day
    The good, the bad and the ugly - Have it on DVD, so it's only a matter of finding the time to watch it...
    Serpico - same as above
    Glengarry glen ross - same as above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Most people cant believe Ive never seen Scarface, given it sounds right up my street.

Ive only ever seen the first 50 minutes of the Matrix. I never wanted to see it at all, I found the ads for it with people slow motioning away from bullets to look ludicrously ****e. When I did see it, I found the plot boring and pointless to the extent that if I was Neo Id have taken the pill that brings me back to normality to save me from the boredom of whatever parallel universe he was in (I cant really recall the plot now, its been years)
    Never saw Titanic, and have now intention of doing so.
    Have never seen all of Dumb and Dumber
    I notice alot of people saying Harry Potter. In fairness unless you have kids I doubt anyone born post 1989 has seen it.
    Star Wars

Advertisement