Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIC Cards and the OU

Options
  • 06-09-2004 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I was looking at the most recent Sesame (Bottom of pg. 3. Warning: PDF link!), and it mentioned that a German student had been granted an ISIC card after much huffing by German travel agents, because he filled the criteria of studying over 15 hours a week for more than 26 weeks. The article then goes on to mention that OU students are eligible for ISIC cards. However, looking at the usit.ie site, I see that they specifically do NOT grant ISIC cards to OU students (or any part time student) no matter how many hours they study!

So, has anyone had any luck getting an ISIC card in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I tried a few years ago and was told it wasn't a 'proper' university so I couldn't have one.

But I read that article in Sesame too, and i'm going to go and get an ISIC card now, well I might leave it for a month as there'll be big Q's with new students trying to get their cards.

Is there evena ny point getting one? I heard bus eireann and Irish rail don't accept them for student fares anymore.

Advertisement