Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I forgot to lock the charter and look what happened.

Options
  • 06-05-2004 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey DapperGent,

How are you finding the two courses? Are they more basic than the first year degree course in TCD. How are the labs without a partner? Do you do labs? Are they stringent about the amount of readings one has to take before making a conclusion?

I am interested in doing a OL course to patch up to the end of second year but I am pondering the expense of doing it in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by maluscainus
    How are you finding the two courses?
    Not too bad. It's a lot of work doing two 60 point courses but I'm enjoying it.
    Are they more basic than the first year degree course in TCD.
    No they're second level courses so they're a good bit more advanced than first year especially in Maths. They do ease you into it though, Physics is grand for the first bit but Maths kicks into Differential Equations and Applied Maths pretty quickly.
    How are the labs without a partner? Do you do labs? Are they stringent about the amount of readings one has to take before making a conclusion?
    There's a lab element in Maths where I go to England for a week in couple of months, I'm skipping the lab element in Physics as I feel I don't need it. I don't know about the partner situation. If I did have one I'm sure it would be preferrable to a former situation involving a bald, anally retentive, hungover, stinky person ruining every Friday morning by insisting we do the same fucking experiment five times because he didn't like the look of the seventh decimal.
    I am interested in doing a OL course to patch up to the end of second year but I am pondering the expense of doing it in Ireland.
    There's no doubt it's expensive. Work is refunding my fees or it would be far more of a stretch for me and the fees are tax deductable if you don't have a company that will pay for it. Tell you what Geoff you can have a look at my books and assignments next time you're in Dublin and see what you think. I'd recommend it but I wouldn't advise doing the same amount I am unless you have a job which lets you have the amount of free time mine does.

For those who aren't me or my old lab partner Geoff. The two courses under discussion are:
    http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C02MST207
    http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C02S207

I going to go lock the charter now. :)

Advertisement