Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone applied for Credit Transfer NUIM?

Options
  • 28-05-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, I hope to be a mature Arts student in NUIM this September (interview this week!). I have previously completed an NUI certificate which according to the website is worth 20 credits and therefore I could apply for an exemption in one subject in first year. This would mean that instead of taking 3 subjects in first year and dropping one at the end, I could just take 2 which would obviously give me more time to concentrate on the chosen 2. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so how did you apply? I will of course check with NUIM on Monday but would love if anyone had any info before then.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yeah, it's pretty normal, know a couple of people who did it.

Check with Admissions Office for exact procedures, don't think there's a fierce amount to it apart from bringing it to their attention, giving them student number and relevant details, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭2ndchance

That's what I was hoping alright. Will definitely apply if I get accepted. Fingers crossed! Thanks for replying.

Advertisement