Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grant Query

Options
  • 29-04-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently on BTEA and have recently started working part time. I am having my 1500euro fee paid for by the grants office and I was wondering when they are assessing my grant for next year will they add my work income and BTEA together...I am an independent mature student (living at home)....Just worried about losing my fee paying from Grant office.

Any Info would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

They will add the two together but they deduct an amount of 3809 for holiday period worked. If you give up the job before you start back at college, they will deduct all your earnings if you provide a p45.

You're not classed as independent if you live with your parents.:mad: In that case, your parents' income will also be included. You will be asked for proof that you are living independently in October 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

Thanks Achmairt...Sorry meant dependent mature student!!!! my Bad...Im going to probably go over the 42000 so guess il have to pay

your income can go up as far as approx 53,000 for fees only so don't lose hope yet. Anyway the new rates are not even out yet so keep a look on studentfinance.ie for the new rates. It will probably be July before the rates are out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

OH rite different allowances every year...I see..Il keep an eye out, thanks alot, and am I right in saying for college year 2011/2012 they use 2010 information...and for 2012/2013 they would use 2011 information etc...
    thanks again!!

Yes,they take the previous year's income but if for instance a person has a change of means, they will take the current year into account and only take in the current income - dole for instance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement