Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally a real bloody trailer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Gonzo_Reporter

There will be do doubt that this film will make millions. Could become a record breaking film. Like most people my earlest T.V memories are full of Simpson Esp.There was a time i could tell you what one it was from the first couple of seconds. No show has ever been qouted as much. And from what I saw in these trailers were bits of classic writing that reminded of those early Simpsons. Especially the bit with Mr Burns and the hounds.
    Its obvious, to me, that the newer show arent as good as they once were but they have to compete with so much these days or rather just Seth MacFarlane. But like the new Turtles flick Ill be there on openning night. And so will everybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

havent really liked the simpsons in ages so this is a bit so so for me. i'll probably go if theres sod all else on that week but they really shouldve done this years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

After series 9 it took a dive but if they can pull off the kind of writing they could on their best episodes (Homer Simpson vs The City Of New York, Cape Feare etc) then it will be massively huge. The trailer doesn't inspire me with confidence :( Please Buddha, Superman make this film great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Theres no denying that the Simpsons has gone downhill in recent years.
    Although this trailer had some genuinely moments I'm concerned about the overuse of over the top slap stick gags. They seem to be doing a lot of those lately and it just doesn't work for the Simpsons. A more subtle style of humor suites the Simpsons, not the Family Guy esque zaniness they try now (not taht I don't enjoy Family Guy too, but they are funny for different reasons).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

cheers for the link BlitzKrieg.

Looks like its a bit OTT, did i see loads of missiles being launched? how can any single simple family that have no connection or access to power cause missile launches?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

User45701 wrote:
    cheers for the link BlitzKrieg.

Looks like its a bit OTT, did i see loads of missiles being launched? how can any single simple family that have no connection or access to power cause missile launches?
    it's called a cartoon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

to be fair to the simpons, no series generally lasts longer than 5-6 seasons. Some episodes are still funny from the later series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I saw the one last week where homer became an ice cream man.. I don't know what series it was but it made reference to the new bond, so it's new enough. I have to say, i couldn't stop laughing at the thing. The whole episode was just feckin hilarious!!!! hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The teasers made me cringe, but that new trailer is actually quite good. Definitely a couple of laugh-out-loud moments, so here's hoping.

...and the South Park movie is, in my opinion, closely tied with Life of Brian for best comedy ever. I think it stands totally on it's own legs next to the TV show.

Actually, now that I think about it, Shawn of The Dead would be another comedy film I'd rate very highly - and that was more or less an extension of a television series too (Spaced). So it clearly can work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I doubt it's going to be any good. The simpsons has been ****e for ages. One good thing might come out of it though. I remember matt groening saying they would never do a simpsons movie until the series was dead and that the movie would be the finane of the series. As long as it's making money I doubt he cares though even though he's made his millions and the show is as funny as cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ah this will be great. Cant wait.

Advertisement