Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ou Degree in 3 years

Options
  • 19-07-2004 6:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So anyone else attempted doing 120 points a year?

I would be really interested to hear how it went

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Terribly! Should salvage 60 points if I put my nose to the ol' grindstone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I am having trouble enough trying to do 60 points per year - for a degree I will rely on points for study elsewhere to push me over the 360 mark.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    So anyone else attempted doing 120 points a year?

I would be really interested to hear how it went

Very do-able if you aren't working full time, but from the experience of others difficult to maintain if you are trying to fit it around other things. Not impossible, but difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm doing 120 points with a full time job.

It's absolutely savage. Won't be doing it again that's for fucking sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's *impossible* to work full time and do 120 points. 120 points = full time study.
    Maybe if you studied on your way to work, at lunch time, every evening and virtually gave up your social life you could do well, but most likely you will fail or scrape a pass.
    People seriously underestimate OU exams. They're not marked easily. I did really well in my TMA's for two 60 point courses last year, was doing about 20 hours study per week in total, and now i'm having to repeat one of the courses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement