Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday 18th July

Options
  • 18-07-2020 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Have backed Memorabilis in the 4.45.
    AOB has had plenty of success down the years sending 3yr olds to this race.
    He stayed on well over 12f to win its maiden giving the impression the extra distance today will suit. The 2nd that day won next time out and I think the 12lbs he gets from Twilight Payment can make the difference.
    Currently 5/1

Good luck today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Thought Tis Marvellous looked big enough 4.00 Newbury 14s. There isn't a whole lot between the whole field and he ran on well over five last week behind A'ali. He mostly runs at five but his last run over six was a good second in the Wokingham behind Cape Byron last year off 101. Ran a good race in the King's Stand two starts back and worth chancing at the price today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

7:15 Ennistymon on form should be the one to beat in this race.

Some interesting comments from Ger Lyons there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Some interesting comments from Ger Lyons there.

Came across as a dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Slattsy wrote: »
    Came across as a dickhead.

No class. A pure wa nker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

Gone off lyons completely after that, should be thankful he has a coolmoore horse and let's be honest there two extremely weak group ones he has won

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Want to be an enquiry into O'Brien's second fav. Never lifted a leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Interesting from Tony Mullins in interview after winning lady's race, quite bullish about Doranthelegend in handicap chase 3.30 Tipp tomorrow, 14/1, might be worth an interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Interesting from Tony Mullins in interview after winning lady's race, quite bullish about Doranthelegend in handicap chase 3.30 Tipp tomorrow, 14/1, might be worth an interest

Saw that. Price after been snapped up! 7's in most places now but 12's available with 365.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It's not after timing but if I were to say my baby was named Zoe.... Gerrup outta dat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Gone off lyons completely after that, should be thankful he has a coolmoore horse and let's be honest there two extremely weak group ones he has won

What did Lyons say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

akelly02 wrote: »
    What did Lyons say ?
    Was it that it was easy to train Group winners when you get the horses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Only watching yesterday's interview now but Lyons came across as a right tool. When he started saying that i should thanks Mrs So and So, I actually had to cover my eyes. It was car crash stuff on live telly and I doubt that Coolmore will like that their principal trainer is mocked by someone they gave one horse to. And the way the analysts tried to ignore the interview was funny too.

akelly02 wrote: »
    What did Lyons say ?
    He seemed to be getting a few digs in at Aidan O'Brien. Said that at last Coolmore have seen a proper trainer, and that this win was easy because of the horse he had. I think he deserves his success, but he was hardly magnanimous in victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭kksaints

chinguetti wrote: »
    Only watching yesterday's interview now but Lyons came across as a right tool. When he started saying that i should thanks Mrs So and So, I actually had to cover my eyes. It was car crash stuff on live telly and I doubt that Coolmore will like that their principal trainer is mocked by someone they gave one horse to. And the way the analysts tried to ignore the interview was funny too.

I wonder which O'Brien Even so will be moved to? :D

Edit:Compared to other sports, Horse Racing pundits particularly the RTE ones are very slow to criticize trainers, jockeys and owners. Its probably because the circle of them is so small and incestuous that criticizing one of them would probably cause the majority of them to boycott the coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The exact words he used if i recall were "it's nice that these lads now have a good trainer for a change" which is very obviously a joke. Maybe he didnt make it clear enough that he was joking, seemed obvious to me anyway. Spoke to Gary O'Brien after and said Aidan was best trainer in the world and didnt sound like he was joking then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

The exact words he used if i recall were "it's nice that these lads now have a good trainer for a change" which is very obviously a joke. Maybe he didnt make it clear enough that he was joking, seemed obvious to me anyway. Spoke to Gary O'Brien after and said Aidan was best trainer in the world and didnt sound like he was joking then.

I don't know if it was tonuge in cheek or him being smart but whatever it was, it looked and sounded awful. It reads on paper even worse. He could have said straight after he said those words that he was joking but he didn't. It was then he said about thanking Mrs So and So. He came across as crass and had a few digs at O'Brien in total which reek of awful PR for a guy who's looking for a better quality of horse to train or so he kept saying when Siskin runs. He might have bitten the hand that could have fed him if he didn't think beofre he speaks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Didn't think it was that bad myself the interview. Enjoy listening to Ger and great to see him winning classics

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

There was a good discussion with Ger Lyons on yesterday's Betfair podcast.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Yeah was a great listen brother rabbit

• Advertisement
Advertisement