Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-01-2021, 03:38   #1
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11,396
Aldi free delivery on €25+

Aldi offering free grocery delivery on €25+ until 11/02
https://www.aldi.ie/deliveroo

zell12 is offline  
Advertisement
14-01-2021, 04:42   #2
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11,396
Forgot that the Aldi Deliveroo prices are about 12%-20% higher than instore
zell12 is offline  
14-01-2021, 13:41   #3
vicwatson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 27,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
Forgot that the Aldi Deliveroo prices are about 12%-20% higher than instore

Really? F that !
vicwatson is offline  
Thanks from:
14-01-2021, 16:46   #4
StonedRaider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicwatson View Post
Really? F that !
You think they're doing it out of goodness of their hearts?
Both deliveroo and Aldi want a slice of the action
StonedRaider is offline  
Thanks from:
14-01-2021, 16:49   #5
ElKavo
Registered User
 
ElKavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 826
Deliveroo charge restaurants up to 30% of the order value. Them and the other aggregators I.E. Just eat are killing the restaurant sector. I avoid them like the plague and either order on restaurants own websites or by phone. I can bet that all of that extra percentage is going to Deliveroo.
ElKavo is offline  
Advertisement
14-01-2021, 17:41   #6
vicwatson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 27,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonedRaider View Post
You think they're doing it out of goodness of their hearts?
Both deliveroo and Aldi want a slice of the action
Charge aldi
vicwatson is offline  
14-01-2021, 19:48   #7
VanWildcard
Registered User
 
VanWildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 73
Aldi probably just using Deliveroo as a cheap way to test the market for delivery. If there's demand they'll probably provide their own solution.

We got delivery of a small shop last week when unable to get to the shops. Was delivered in 40mins, well worth it, great service. Limited range of products available online though.
VanWildcard is online now  
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 18:43   #8
mburke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 396
Are all items on Deliveroo for Aldi more expensive than in store and is there a set mark up ?
mburke is offline  
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 19:08   #9
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke View Post
Are all items on Deliveroo for Aldi more expensive than in store and is there a set mark up ?
Yes
12%+ mark-up
zell12 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 23:22   #10
okidoki987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKavo View Post
Deliveroo charge restaurants up to 30% of the order value. Them and the other aggregators I.E. Just eat are killing the restaurant sector. I avoid them like the plague and either order on restaurants own websites or by phone. I can bet that all of that extra percentage is going to Deliveroo.
Yep as you say, same for Just Eat.
Most people that I know, didn't know that ordering direct on the Just Eat website is dearer than ordering direct from the restaurant and there's a sneaky admin
fee on some orders as well.
My local restaurant I use for takeaways told me they would give me a 20% discount ordering direct from them but I would have to collect it myself.
okidoki987 is offline  
Thanks from:
Today, 00:36   #11
VanWildcard
Registered User
 
VanWildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by okidoki987 View Post
My local restaurant I use for takeaways told me they would give me a 20% discount ordering direct from them but I would have to collect it myself.
I also found that Ubers are 100% cheaper if you walk instead.
VanWildcard is online now  
Today, 01:06   #12
thenightman
Registered User
 
thenightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 452
Dunnes on Buyme markup is 5% which is the lowest of themselves, Tesco (15%) & Lid (13%) on Buyme and Aldi on Deliveroo. I can never get a delivery slot for Tesco or Supervalu normal delivery. I try to avoid supermarkets at all costs now due to them being like a playground on weekends with maskless kids tearing around stores unsupervised, only time when I'm able to shop.
thenightman is offline  
Thanks from:
Today, 01:11   #13
colmtheperson
Registered User
 
colmtheperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightman View Post
Dunnes on Buyme markup is 5% which is the lowest of themselves, Tesco (15%) & Lid (13%) on Buyme and Aldi on Deliveroo. I can never get a delivery slot for Tesco or Supervalu normal delivery. I try to avoid supermarkets at all costs now due to them being like a playground on weekends with maskless kids tearing around stores unsupervised, only time when I'm able to shop.
There used to be a service near us called munchy taxi, they basically charged the same as the shops and takeaways but slapped a €5 for delivery
colmtheperson is online now  
Today, 13:02   #14
migrant
Registered User
 
migrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 26
Surely the mods should changed the title of this thread, At the very least it's grossly misleading.
migrant is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet