Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Air 16gb - €399.99 Groupon with possible 5% cashback with Fatcheese

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

MYOB wrote: »
    Considering how much Groupon's commission is, I find this to be extremely unbelievable. They're selling for less than they could possibly buy them before they have to give Groupon a hefty percentage. Don't expect to receive anything.

400 is still incredibly poor value for a fairly meh tablet anyway; but Apple is all about style and nothing on substance and always has been.
    MYOB wrote: »
    Nowhere close.

Dated, unreliable and limited operating system coupled with extremely over-priced hardware. Trying to deny that by accusing fanboy-ism suggests that the only fanboy is you.

I'm using the same iPad for years and it's still doing everything I want it to do and more. I don't think it's let me down once.

It is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

bidiots wrote: »
    Are they sending an adapter for the plug or is it handy enough to get your hands on an Irish one?
    See post #25. And yes, they are handy to pick up locally or online.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kceire wrote: »
    I bought the iPad Air from Groupon on Sunday evening at 11pm. Paid through paypal so will update when/if it arrives.

At that price it was a no brainer, sold my iPad 4 for €350 so just had to pay 50 for the upgrade.

Arrived this morning.

bidiots wrote: »
    Are they sending an adapter for the plug or is it handy enough to get your hands on an Irish one?

3 pin adaptor included.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Arrived this morning.

I ordered mine Friday but no sign yet although it did ask to allow 7 days for delivery. Any feedback on performance etc. Assume it's new and not a refurb

• Advertisement

Arrived this morning.
    3 pin adaptor included.

Great news. BNIB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mahnahmahnah

Hi everyone, never have replied to a thread here before but joined especially to do so here, felt I should warn people before getting involved with Photo Direct. They are an absolute joke.

Over a month ago myself and my boyfriend ordered a google nexus each and nothing ever came for either of us. The money was taken straight away but no dispatch mail, tracking number or anything. After 4 weeks we contacted groupon who couldn't help, then we had to email PhotoDirect on their one crappy groupon support email address. They have no other contact details whatsoever, not even a functioning website. We both kept at them and were continuously ignored. They finally replied today with a truly shocking display of customer service - in short they hadn't a bloody clue what was happening with it all. We are back to groupon now to try and get a refund sorted but their attitude is not much better either has to be said.

Anyways - my point is be very very wary before ordering anything of PhotoDirect. I'm sure some people do get their items delivered but God help you if you don't; you are in for a world of countless emails to which you might as well be chatting to a brick wall, wasted time and endless frustration! We aren't the only ones either - any online reviews of this so called company are as negative as they come.

Take care y'all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭amber2

Mahnahmahnah Can you request a charge back via your credit card company as Photo Direct didn't fulfill your order? Tell credit card co you have tried on several occasions to contact Photo Direct but you haven't received a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mahnahmahnah

Just got off the phone to groupon after finally getting to speak to a manager (took so many calls to get to this point) and we've been told a refund is on the way in 5-7 days. We had to really push for it and be an arse on the phone, not something I enjoy doing. Wasted a lot of time and effort on this company - never ever again! Thanks for the advice though - hopefully they follow through:)

Gerlad wrote: »
    I ordered mine Friday but no sign yet although it did ask to allow 7 days for delivery. Any feedback on performance etc. Assume it's new and not a refurb
    dodzy wrote: »
    Great news. BNIB ?

3rd person to ask if BNIB today. Yes brand new. I thought that was clearly mentioned in the ad. I wouldn't of bought refuted tbh.

One thing though. I actually didn't get a 3 pin plug :o
    I rang the GF when it came and she said yeah there's a plug with it. Turns out it's a US plug.

Rang groupon who said I was the first to complain about it so hopefully it's a simple error but is say the merchant were changing their arm.

iPad came fully sealed, fully wrapped just as the proviso iPads I've bought from apple.

Can't comment on performance just yet as I only restored it and put it back in the box as I had to head out to the parents house.

One thing I can say is how light it is especially compared to my old iPad 4. It doesn't feel like your holding a full sized tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone who missed the groupon-

£319 on ebay. Silver or space grey.

Comes to about €390 using Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

If these are from the US will apple Europe look after warranty issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

If these are from the US will apple Europe look after warranty issues?

Yes. Zero difference between the US models and ones on sale here. Apart from the plug of course

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Yes. Zero difference between the US models and ones on sale here. Apart from the plug of course

surprised as I know if you bought say a sony PS4 from the US Sony EU wouldn't look after the warrenty and you had to send it back to US to get fixed under warrenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

?

Nearly 40k feedback, 98.7% positive

maximoose wrote: »
    ?

Same crowd doing the Groupon deal.

Same crowd doing the Groupon deal.

And I got my iPad within 4 days after ordering on groupon. No complaints here.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

maximoose wrote: »
    ?

There are a lot of recent complaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Deal is back up.

Deal is back up.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

KC, did you get any due delivery emails or did it just arrive?
    Ordered one for a friend on Tuesday and not a word since the initial confirmation

UPDATE: It landed this morning, brand new and sealed. It comes with the US charger as advertised. No adapter delivered though, will have to source something....

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Got a text from courier company this morning to say they have it but as no one at home can't deliver so will pick it up tonight. I'm assuming a local charger is easily got and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Mine was just delivered to my brothers house.

Can't wait to get my hands on it :D

(Hopefully the cashback will track on Fatcheese)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

ordered this last sunday night arrived this morning so no hassles with the company

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement

Advertisement