Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Air 16gb - €399.99 Groupon with possible 5% cashback with Fatcheese

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just to warn people, based on my recent experiences with FatCheese, you have about a 5% chance of getting your 5% cashback so probably best not to rely on that when deciding whether to buy this or not.

There are 2 other UK based cashback sites that are infinitely more reliable than FatCheese and generally have better cashback rates too. I'm not sure if they'll work with this particular offer but FatCheese are so bad I wouldn't even waste my time trying with them, hell they don't even respond to any tickets you raise anymore.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/search/merchants/?s=groupon
    Groupon 6.3% back

http://www.quidco.com/groupon/ Groupon 4% back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Still 90 quid saving on B&M stores. How can they undercut apple RRP? I thought these were price protected?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The same company (who have not even configured their web server) are selling these on ebay for 315.99 £ and some of their feedback is very strange.

These are US models by the way.

These are US models by the way.
    No difference surely ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

There might be warranty implications if they are US models.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I might be getting old and cynical but is 400 quid for a tablet with a short life expectancy really a bargain? Also, don't rely on fatcheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

There might be warranty implications if they are US models.

Nope. All the new cellular iPads are worldwide models & obviously the wifi only ones are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

theteal wrote: »
    I might be getting old and cynical but is 400 quid for a tablet with a short life expectancy really a bargain? Also, don't rely on fatcheese.

Not compared to a Nexus 7 anyway

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Considering how much Groupon's commission is, I find this to be extremely unbelievable. They're selling for less than they could possibly buy them before they have to give Groupon a hefty percentage. Don't expect to receive anything.

400 is still incredibly poor value for a fairly meh tablet anyway; but Apple is all about style and nothing on substance and always has been.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    Considering how much Groupon's commission is, I find this to be extremely unbelievable. They're selling for less than they could possibly buy them before they have to give Groupon a hefty percentage. Don't expect to receive anything.

400 is still incredibly poor value for a fairly meh tablet anyway; but Apple is all about style and nothing on substance and always has been.
    :rolleyes: Android fanboy club is thataway >>>>>>>

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

dodzy wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Android fanboy club is thataway >>>>>>>

Nowhere close.

Dated, unreliable and limited operating system coupled with extremely over-priced hardware. Trying to deny that by accusing fanboy-ism suggests that the only fanboy is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus here we go.

It's cheaper than you will see it else where hence a bargain.

Is anyone on this thread really interested in posters thoughts on Apple? Preference on tablet manufacturer?

I'd hazard a guess and say no. We read the bargain threads to read about potential bargains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Nowhere close.

Dated, unreliable and limited operating system coupled with extremely over-priced hardware. Trying to deny that by accusing fanboy-ism suggests that the only fanboy is you.

One of the lightest and best built full-sized tablets on the market. Great battery life. Pushing 11-12 hours most of the time and just great to use.
    I've used other tablets and very, very few come close to the iPad in build quality and joy of use, Sony's Z1 tablet being on par, and even then it's the same price, so it's all about preference.

A bargain is a bargain after all, and at €400 (if legit) is a great price for it.

Nowhere close.

compared to what?

It's a fabulous piece of kit, and a joy to use. One of the best built and reliable pieces of hardware I have ever used. I've had the iPad 2 since release and it's just superb. I've tried out the competition and in my opinion nothing beats the iPad for slickness and ease of use.

Anyway, as has been said, this is a genuine BA for those interested in such a unit, so I'll leave it at that and let this thread resume.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

For anyone looking for ipad bargains the Tesco Outlet on ebay often has refurbs of ipad2 for £220 upwards. They come with a 12 month Tesco warranty, I got a 16gb one this time last year for €260 and have been happy out since. It didn't have a charger cable but that aside it was a brand new ipad with not a mark on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

It doesn't mention refurbished like all the iphone groupon deals.
    I would wonder how they can pay the groupon commission and still turn a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Very dodgy company. Surprised Groupon allowed this deal to go ahead.

The company have NO website, which should be a given for any company these days. They have a URL, but there is only a placeholder from their web host.
    http://photo-direct.co.uk/

Very poor reviews on Trust Pilot:
    http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/photo-direct.co.uk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This seems a bit too good to br true and it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

whats the story with Groupon are the deals on there always reliable anyone stung by some of their deals?

• Advertisement

Might be safer go for the Tesco direct route maybe

I'm gonna contact groupon this morning and ask them about this deal. As others have said, just seems too good to be true:(

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I'm gonna contact groupon this morning and ask them about this deal. As others have said, just seems too good to be true:(

Did you get around to contacting them?

Did you get around to contacting them?
    Yes, very sketchy. Groupon CSA gives the usual spiel that they are selling a voucher for a product so not their responsibility, bla bla bla. But obviously if we do not receive the goods, then they will look into it. Asked for a contact number for photo-direct - nothing. Asked about the 3 pin plug and he was unsure but guessed that the vendor would be dispatching a useable adapter for us with the shipment. No website information either as has been previously mentioned. Just sounds too good to be true but I'm still going to pull the trigger via paypal payment and see where we end up.

Edit: Changed my mind. Not going to go through with it. I'll stick with my trusty IP2 for now. No point of contact / No website / No phone smells of a sham of an operation who do not want to engage. Obviously US stock as stated, not that that's an issue. Perhaps they are circumventing import taxes, I don't know. Feck it, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Well - I bought a GoPro 3 from them through Groupon UK last year and it arrived no problem (to a UK address).

Also they are on ebay.co.uk and seem to have decent feedback:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-Apple-iPAD-Air-16GB-Wi-Fi-Tablet-Computer-Black-Space-Gray-/151192542597?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item2333c71d85

Money has been taken from my credit card so I'll update when the iPad arrives (hopefully).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I bought the iPad Air from Groupon on Sunday evening at 11pm. Paid through paypal so will update when/if it arrives.

At that price it was a no brainer, sold my iPad 4 for €350 so just had to pay 50 for the upgrade.

Hope it works out for you guys. Just looked at groupon - iPad back up for another 16 days. That's unusual. :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hope it works out for you guys. Just looked at groupon - iPad back up for another 16 days. That's unusual. :confused:

When I log in, it tells me there's only 14 hours left to buy.

Edit: your post was 2 hours before mine so maybe it said 16 hours, not days.

kceire wrote: »
    When I log in, it tells me there's only 14 hours left to buy.

Edit: your post was 2 hours before mine so maybe it said 16 hours, not days.
    HH:MM:SS - DOH ! Thanks you sir ;)

Just noticed minis and IP4s with 3G are up for grabs now.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    I bought the iPad Air from Groupon on Sunday evening at 11pm. Paid through paypal so will update when/if it arrives.

At that price it was a no brainer, sold my iPad 4 for €350 so just had to pay 50 for the upgrade.

Are they sending an adapter for the plug or is it handy enough to get your hands on an Irish one?

Advertisement