Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is curvy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'd sooner do Charlotte Church than any of those 5 tbh.

Supermodels are like blockbuster movies.... just because media browbeat you into believing they are best things going & the paragons of the form , it doesn't neccessarily make it true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

still hot though,unlike that moonpig..

charlotte church is the hot woman for the desperate man :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

you think the rugby player she's dating is desperate? i wouldn't say so, i'd say he could get any skinny-ass breakable models he wanted.

he seems to have more sense than you though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, tbh, there's no need to be so nasty about people whose appearance you don't like (although Charlotte Church isn't a boards member afaik)!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

DAEDULUS that is you're opinion, not the universal male opinion. In that picture the only one with a decent figure is Tyra banks, she has good muscle tone, but is still a bit too skinny as far as i'm concerned. The other 4 look emaciated. I don't care what the fashio industry deems is the "in" figure, I prefer women to have a healthy layer of baby fat and no ribs showing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

DAEDULUS wrote:
    charlotte church is the hot woman for the desperate man :p

That's weird cos I've always reckoned that supermodels are the 'desire' of latent homosexual men who are over-compensating because they can't honestly tell one womans level of attractiveness from the next.

Certainly would explain all those George Michael videos if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

OSiriS wrote:
    DAEDULUS that is you're opinion, not the universal male opinion. In that picture the only one with a decent figure is Tyra banks, she has good muscle tone, but is still a bit too skinny as far as i'm concerned. The other 4 look emaciated. I don't care what the fashio industry deems is the "in" figure, I prefer women to have a healthy layer of baby fat and no ribs showing.

ahh,reminds me of the classic :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=241120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

DAEDULUS wrote:

LMAO :D
    Personally I think 4 of the 5 models in that attached pic above are hot.

Yesterday as I was sitting in the cantine in work reading an article in 'New Woman' magazine about Gail Porter, this thread came to mind.
    The article was talking about how Gail went from "skinny" to "curvy" and how she is "happier than ever".
    I now get how the male and female opinion of what "curvy" is differs.
    IMO she has gone from slim/toned with gentle curves to fat but according to a magazine written by women she is now "curvy" and before was "skinny", whereas from a male perspective she was has just let go of herself.
    Obviously these magazines are what is shaping womens minds on what "skinny", "curvy" etc are, and really should not be taken as the truth. It seems to be written to make fat women feel better about themselves. Now women who have a shape like the new Gail Porter will be going around thinking they're "curvy" and thinking it's ok or even worse..."sexy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

rb_ie wrote:
    LMAO :D
    Personally I think 4 of the 5 models in that attached pic above are hot.

Yesterday as I was sitting in the cantine in work reading an article in 'New Woman' magazine about Gail Porter, this thread came to mind.
    The article was talking about how Gail went from "skinny" to "curvy" and how she is "happier than ever".
    I now get how the male and female opinion of what "curvy" is differs.
    IMO she has gone from slim/toned with gentle curves to fat but according to a magazine written by women she is now "curvy" and before was "skinny", whereas from a male perspective she was has just let go of herself.
    Obviously these magazines are what is shaping womens minds on what "skinny", "curvy" etc are, and really should not be taken as the truth. It seems to be written to make fat women feel better about themselves. Now women who have a shape like the new Gail Porter will be going around thinking they're "curvy" and thinking it's ok or even worse..."sexy".

Delighted to see this thread come full circle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

going by a lot of the opinions of the guys on this thread, I'd be deemed "fat". This is something I've NEVER been called by anyone. WTF is wrong with you people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i got 13% body fat apparently

by the way, this iswhat i think a curvy women looks like, mmmm. (minus the airbrush :rolleyes: )

Big.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Nightwish wrote:
    going by a lot of the opinions of the guys on this thread, I'd be deemed "fat". This is something I've NEVER been called by anyone. WTF is wrong with you people?

The only people who's opinion should matter to you are your own and your boyfriend, not strangers who think all women should have the figure of supermodels.

OSiriS wrote:
    The only people who's opinion should matter to you are your own and your boyfriend, not strangers who think all women should have the figure of supermodels.
    i know that, I really dont care what some internet nerds think, I really dont but, I just found some of the comments posted, completely absurd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Nightwish wrote:
    i know that, I really dont care what some internet nerds think, I really dont but, I just found some of the comments posted, completely absurd.

I have to agree with you, some of the comments on this topic have been completely absurd :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

goes to show the differences in opinion, that pic of charlotte church posted by endurance man, think she looks fab, fair play to her.. though i think she has crumbled under media pressure to loose weight, i think she looks great, and is a good role model to young girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

It took me a lot of hard work to get to where I am today (a size 8), after dropping from a 12/14. But i was NEVER called fat or even considered myself fat when I was that size. I was a healthy weight for my height, but I was in hospital for a while a couple of years back and lost a fair bit of wieight. When I got out I started taking care of myself, exercising, eating healthily etc and I came to a weight that I am now very happy with. Although I sometimes would like to have some extra meat on my bones, dunno why, just to feel more feminine:o

goes to show the differences in opinion, that pic of charlotte church posted by endurance man, think she looks fab, fair play to her.. though i think she has crumbled under media pressure to loose weight, i think she looks great, and is a good role model to young girls

Sh'es the perfect body I think... real womanly shape.

When I lost the weigh, my boobs disappeared:(

aw! thats often what people say tho when they lose weight, cant have the best of both worlds! well im a 12 on top, and 14 on bottom, id like to be an all over 12, just lazy i guess, but im smaller than i was when i 14 or so. but iv friends who are bigger than me (16-18) and smaller (8-10) i dont usually get complaints, but id like to lose weight as a confidence thing

aw! thats often what people say tho when they lose weight, cant have the best of both worlds! well im a 12 on top, and 14 on bottom, id like to be an all over 12, just lazy i guess, but im smaller than i was when i 14 or so. but iv friends who are bigger than me (16-18) and smaller (8-10) i dont usually get complaints, but id like to lose weight as a confidence thing

I think that as you get older you feel good in your own skin, and it really shows. I don't think guys know how much comments about figures affect girls, anything can trigger something. I think as long as your happy it shouldnt matter what others say. sometimes people call me skinny, which is just as bad as being called fat

Curvy should mean that you're not a stick insect with the body of a prepubescent boy a-la many models strutting the catwalks.
    Curves mean that your not the same all over. I'm an 8 on top and a 10 around my waist so I think I'm curvy. But for me weight isnt anything I lose sleep over, as I'm a complete pig when it comes to food and a total couch potato. I digress, Charlotte Church's figure in that pic looks a lot like my figure and I'm just appalled that anyone could deem that fat. I think some of the stuff said here could really insult people if they were sensitive about their weight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I went down from a 10-12 (healthy for my height) to a size 8-10, though luckily I kept most of my chest, they were getting too big in any case. I would consider myself to be more defined at this weight even though I was perfectly happy 14 lb heavier. My dad is saying that I need to put on some weight though. I just wish that I had a smaller posterior but no amount of exercise or dieting seems to do that for me.

Nightwish wrote:
    . I'm an 8 on top and a 10 around my waist so I think I'm curvy.
    i would definitely not call u fat, :eek:

. I think that as you get older you feel good in your own skin, and it really shows.

yes i agree, i dont get as bothered bout my figure, im more interested in having a laugh, as i say this is me, take me or leave me, if you dont like me, somebody else will

yes i agree, i dont get as bothered bout my figure, im more interested in having a laugh, as i say this is me, take me or leave me, if you dont like me, somebody else will[/QUOTE]

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

*takes a bow*

:D

but seriously its sad to see the amount of young girls puttin themselves thru hell for a better figure. personally i love my chocolate too much ;)

*takes a bow*

:D

but seriously its sad to see the amount of young girls puttin themselves thru hell for a better figure. personally i love my chocolate too much ;)

MMM...Chocolate...that reminds me my mom got Ben & Jerry's Phish Food!!!:D

i would definitely not call u fat, :eek:
    thank you. I know I'm not. but going by endurance mans standards I'm Pudgy:rolleyes:

now who mentioned Phish Food....mmmmmmmmm *drools*

havent tasted that??? i must be deprived!! ill tell u what im am deprived of is CADBURYS..i am goin crazy, 8 weeks without the stuff, xcept when my BEST FRIEND (she really is...) sent me over 2 big bars of dairy milk!! of course i shared it round with my french classmates, got them all converted to cadburysaholics..im doin well :D

Well i definately wouldnt consider you fat! most girls would kill fo a figure like that!!

Nightwish wrote:
    thank you. I know I'm not. but going by endurance mans standards I'm Pudgy:rolleyes:

who does endurance man think he is calling u pudgy?? he prob just jealous cos he knows u got it going on!! ;)

• Advertisement

I see rb_ie thinks charlotte chuch is pudgy...the nerve!:mad:

Advertisement