Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA or Masters in Accounting?

• 25-10-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

I am currently a final year accounting student, with the goal of become a qualified chartered accountant within the near future. I hope to be offered

a position at a practice when I complete my degree, but was wondering in the worst case scenario that I was unsuccessful, what should I do next?

I can pursue either the ACCA professional exams or a masters in accounting. I would like to know what the pros and cons of doing both are. For instance I

was leaning towards ACCA because I will have to do professional exams either way, but would it look unattractive to employers if I do not pass them all

on the first attempt? Does a masters prepare you better for these exams and which would be more beneficial for job prospects?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭bluemagpie

If you want to become a chartered accountant do ACA, the only reason I say this is that if you want to work in London etc recruiters generally like ACA first time passes and a lot of the big companies use recruiters only. Within Ireland it matters less. If you don't get a position the masters can be a great option as some of these will give you exemptions right up to the final exams. Check out chartered accountants Ireland and acca websites to find which masters does this, better than sitting acca exams yourself and still leaves you open to choose which institute to qualify with when you get a job.

Advertisement