Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twin Peaks (Gold Box - DVD) - €25 in HMV

• 13-11-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this in the Sligo HMV earlier... that's a cracking price!

13068986x.jpg

Didn't buy it, but gonna go back in and pick it up tomorrow as I was sure it'd be cheaper online. Cheapest I can find online is £30!
    • All 29 Episodes plus the Original Pilot: Both U.S. network and international versions of the pilot
    • Remastered Picture from the original negative with newly-created 5.1 Audio, personally approved by David Lynch - also includes original 2.0 Audio
    • Deleted Scenes: Lost footage saved from the cutting room floor
      Exclusive feature-length documentary, "Secrets from Another Place," exploring the show's origins, production and impact - featuring brand-new interviews with the cast and crew and never-before-seen footage
    • "A Slice of Lynch": David Lynch takes a strange and amusing look back with help from Kyle MacLachlan, Mädchen Amick and JohnWentworth
    • "Return to Twin Peaks": Follow a group of devoted "Peaks Freaks" and cast members to the 2006 Twin Peaks Festival
    • Interactive Map: The show's unforgettable locations and how to find them in real life
    • The complete Log Lady Introductions
    • Saturday Night Live: Kyle MacLachlan's monologue and the hilarious Twin Peaks comedy sketch featuring the SNL cast
    • The "Falling" Music Video with Julee Cruise
    • And Many Golden Nuggets: On-air promos, TV spots, production documents, rare photos and more

Review

When Laura Palmer is found brutally murdered, FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) and Sheriff Harry S. Truman (Michael Ontkean) soon discover that in the town of Twin Peaks no one is innocent and nothing is what it seems.

Sights Unseen And Sounds Unheard... Until Now...

For the first time ever in the UK, the entire groundbreaking Twin Peaks television series, created by David Lynch and Mark Frost, has been compiled for you to own and relish, taking you deeper into the woods than ever before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just a heads up that repeats of Twin Peak is on the Horror Channel, starting with the first episode tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dman001 wrote: »
    Just a heads up that repeats of Twin Peak is on the Horror Channel, starting with the first episode tonight.

They've been on for the past week.. have them Sky+'d.

But this boxset for €25 is too good to pass up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Thats a great price, will be looking to pick it up tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Excellent! Thanks, Basquille.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thanks basquille. Anyone spot this in any of the Dublin stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Dang thats a nice price, about half what I payed for season 1 and 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Is this the first series or the 1st and 2nd together?

kaji wrote: »
    Is this the first series or the 1st and 2nd together?
    1st and 2nd together.

€59.99 in HMV Swords....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Bloody 'ell, that's a fantastic price.

• Advertisement

€59.99 in HMV Swords....:(
    That's a shame.. HMV's branches price discrepancies are far too common.

Took a spin to HMV during half-time of Sligo Rovers Vs Shamrock Rovers and..

IMAG0037.jpg

Says on the back of the box that it's been reduced from €59.99 to €24.99.. might be worth asking HMV staff to scan it.

Thanks Basquille, might do that tomorrow.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

That's a great deal for the whole series. I already have it tho in three boxsets. Season 1, Season 2 - Part 1 and Season 2 - Part 2. Would be nice to have it all in one tidy package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Just to people know, I work in hmv and my branch is starting this deal tomorrow for one week only, so it might be the same in all branches.

Ta for clearing that up Charlie.

Hi Charlie,

Could you please tell us what branch that is....? Thanks! :D

€24.99 in HMV Grafton Street as we speak. Thanks again for the heads up basquille.:) I've had Season 1 unopened for about 2 years (and I paid €49.99 for that) but this will make me watch the whole series in one go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Hi Charlie,

Could you please tell us what branch that is....? Thanks! :D
    Hey, its the kilkenny branch. Should be nationwide now id imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just got it in HMV Grafton st, the girl at the counter says that it is their deal of the week and they will have something different next week

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

HMV in Liffey Valley did not have this for 24.99 today, still selling for 59.99. The chap at the counter said they are expecting it in "sometime" this week but didn't specify when. Liffey Valley would be one of their bigger shops so I'm a bit surprised it wasn't available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I can confirm that it's in Cork for that price. I only saw one on the shelves though, maybe they'll get more stock in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Picked it up in Dundalk for €24.99 earlier today, so many boxset deals going
    sons of anarchy seasons 1 + 2 boxet for €30 as well. Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got it today in HMV Blanch. They had 2 left on the shelf after I picked up mine. Gonna start watching tonight!

Thanks basq

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Got it myself about an hour ago in Kilkenny HMV. It hadn't even gone out on the floor yet. The sales assistant who went to get it for me was as surprised as I was at the price.

Cheers OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

deRanged wrote: »
    I can confirm that it's in Cork for that price. I only saw one on the shelves though, maybe they'll get more stock in ?

Yep I saw one on the shelf in Cork today marked €59.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bit annoyed that the show is in 4:3 ratio had hoped it would be in widescreen. Ah well, PS3 upscaler to the rescue!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Finally picked one up in Liffey Valley yesterday for 24.99. The chap had to go in to the store room to get it for me though. There was one other on the shelf still marked at 59.99! Still don't know why the discounted ones werent out on the floor though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SOR1982

Brilliant!!............I have absolutley no idea whats going on here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,100 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Bit annoyed that the show is in 4:3 ratio had hoped it would be in widescreen. Ah well, PS3 upscaler to the rescue!

it aired in 4:3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Got it today in Cork. Had to ask for it and they took my number. They called me back 2 hours later to say they found it in the stockroom, so I picked it up. Bargain, thanks OP!!

Advertisement