Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watching NHL in Ireland

Options
  • 16-03-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

About to move home to Ireland having spent the last five years in Toronto. Now a big Leafs and Hockey fan in general, hoping to be able to keep up.

I'm reading about the gamecenter app - this the best way to keep up? Anyone go with Setanta too? I think I read somewhere that the play-off's are blacked out on game center (yes yes I know, Leaf fan so not necessary)?

Anyway, general feedback and guidance as to how to survive this transition would be welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

We well not have ice rink left in the country after this weekend. Irish ice hockey association are doing there best to try get a rink in Ireland Olympic size. I have myself been contacting T.D'S around the country to get help. government don't what to know. cause of this Ireland can't play any international till they can get a rink built.

The woolshed in Dublin well put the games. don't know of any other places.
    Game centre or sentanta are really your best beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Pity a rink can't get going. Only started playing in TO, would have loved to play a bit more.

Setanta seems to show a lot of Buffalo, which I don't understand...is there going to be blacked out playoff games on the NHL app once it starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

Pity a rink can't get going. Only started playing in TO, would have loved to play a bit more.

Setanta seems to show a lot of Buffalo, which I don't understand...is there going to be blacked out playoff games on the NHL app once it starts?

I think on the site it says blackouts well happen.

I have word that the irish ice hockey association (iiha) well be having a meeting with minster of sport soon over an ice rink

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

I just signed up with hockeystreams.com a few days ago and so far very happy.

They have a Roku app and all so its a godsend. No blackouts like the NHL service either.

Advertisement