Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chess Sites!

• 09-04-2009 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Chess Sites:

Personally I play on chess.com where I have membership and access to all the trainings and the likes. Previous to that I played on msn games. I spent a brief amount of time @ chesshere.com but found it quite terrible really.

What site to other people reccommend? Its nice for a bit of change once in awhile! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

freechess.org is by far the best free site for live/real time chess, much better than yahoo/msn/pogo etc. Only catch is you will need to download an interface like Babaschess to get the most out of it.

For correspondence/turn based chess there are several similar choices, most people here seem to like redhotpawn.com but I think chess.com is a superior site.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

I like Gameknot.com for correspondance chess also.
    The interface is very user friendly and there's a few nice touches that RHP has yet to catch up on.
    Haven't played too much live chess recently so can't really help there, from what I remember though there wasnt many that even came close to chess.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

I use redhotpawn.com play 5 or 6 games daily

Just have to put up with the odd advert now and again

Robbie

Advertisement