Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding my gas bill

Options
  • 13-11-2019 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I am living in a rented flat where the natural gas is supplied by Flo Gas.
    We agreed that they will charge 30 Euros per month irrespective of my usage.
    They used to send me gas bills as well in regular intervals.

I received one bill for usage between 02nd July till 30th Aug where they estimated a reading of 9081 where the previous one was 9031. For these 59 days they estimated a bill of 41.79.
    I was away for a while and when I saw the bill, I submitted the actual reading which was just 9071 on 26th Sep which is 27 days after the estimated bill.
    Then they sent me a new bill only for those 27 days.
    My question is shouldn't they cancel the estimated bill and calculate the amount for 59 + 27 which is 86 days and for the meter reading between 9071 and 9031?
    Because in the second bill they just reduced only 1.34€ which I feel is not correct.

Can someone please clarify this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dennyk

If a later meter reading is lower than a previous estimated reading, they generally just apply a credit to your account based on the difference. They don't "cancel" previous bills, as that would add a great deal of complexity to the process (they'd have to refund anything paid on the previous bill and then reissue a new bill for a nonstandard time frame) and the total amount you pay in the end would be the same in any case. If you think the amount they credited your account with is incorrect, you can contact their billing department to check on that, but we wouldn't be able to help you figure that out here without seeing the detailed bills for both periods.

Advertisement