Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mods Not Taking ALL Reports Seriously

Options
  • 21-11-2020 11:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

There are posters in the Gender Identiry thread trying get the thread closed - they have stated this in a post.

Plus there was a poster yesterday who quoted my post, told lies about things I had said and a detailed report to the mods was ignored.

All we ask for is a level playing field and rules applied to all.

Edit - I’m now threadbanned for calling out mysogynistic behaviour - let lying and misrepresentation and lying is allowed. Possibly as the culprit is a fellow moderator - who knows ?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just looked through all your reports from the thread

Every one has been looked at by mods and acted on as they consider appropriate. None of your reports have been ignored

I've also looked through your interactions in the thread over the past couple of days, and presume you are referring to a user that moderates other forums. In Current Affairs they are no different from any other user.

If you wish to challenge your threadban the first step is to try and resolve it directly with the mod who issued it. Have you done so, or do you accept the ban?

If you believe a poster has "told lies" about what you have said, did you correct them? Clearly you can no longer as you are threadbanned.

I can find no reports of posts where posters have indicated they are trying to get the thread closed down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Beasty wrote: »
    I've just looked through all your reports from the thread

Every one has been looked at by mods and acted on as they consider appropriate. None of your reports have been ignored

I've also looked through your interactions in the thread over the past couple of days, and presume you are referring to a user that moderates other forums. In Current Affairs they are no different from any other user.

If you wish to challenge your threadban the first step is to try and resolve it directly with the mod who issued it. Have you done so, or do you accept the ban?

If you believe a poster has "told lies" about what you have said, did you correct them? Clearly you can no longer as you are threadbanned.

I can find no reports of posts where posters have indicated they are trying to get the thread closed down

Hi, I’ve asked for the ban to be looked at as I explained the “trolling” was absolutely not intentional and I would not troll; its against the rules.

Not heard anything back yet.

I did correct the first lie before I was banned and they shrugged it off - hence I reported others but to no avail.

The point is question was I relayed an incident where a trans woman said to a woman facing a mastectomy how “envious” she was as her “top surgery” wasn’t happening yet. I said she made this point without shame. I stand by that.

Poster “Joeytheparrot” repeated several times that posters had said “trans people should feel shame” and quoted a post of mine to labour the point.

This was a lie, bad faith posting and about the same level as what I became threadbanned for - and mine was not intended and I apologized.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Hi, I’ve asked for the ban to be looked at as I explained the “trolling” was absolutely not intentional and I would not troll; its against the rules.

Not heard anything back yet.

I did correct the first lie before I was banned and they shrugged it off - hence I reported others but to no avail.

The point is question was I relayed an incident where a trans woman said to a woman facing a mastectomy how “envious” she was as her “top surgery” wasn’t happening yet. I said she made this point without shame. I stand by that.

Poster “Joeytheparrot” repeated several times that posters had said “trans people should feel shame” and quoted a post of mine to labour the point.

This was a lie, bad faith posting and about the same level as what I became threadbanned for - and mine was not intended and I apologized.

My threadban has been upheld for “twisting other posters words” which while I accept the ban as rules are rules I don’t believe I did.

However as above that is exactly what “Joeytheparrot” did several times - and I don’t think separate treatment for the same infraction is fair.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can you please link to the post that quoted you?

I can see one you reported but it bears little resemblance to what you are stating here

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Hi Beasty

Currently discussing via PM so not approving this post at present

• Advertisement
Advertisement