Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread banned

Options
  • 10-11-2020 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,
    Some months ago I was banned from a shinner thread. It was name changed, ban stood, fair enough. Then I posted in another shinner thread....which was blended into the one I'm banned from. I deleted the post thinking I posted in the thread I was banned from in error.

What's the story? If all the threads are blended I'll never be able to post in any. Defacto thread banned in any new threads MODS decide to blend.

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,585 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans are dealt with in Help Desk, so I have moved this from the Dispute Resolution Forum

Have you discussed this with the mod who threadbanned you? If you are banned from one thread it makes sense for you to be equally banned from another thread on the same topic. Otherwise posters could (and some have) start new threads just so they can post on a topic they are otherwise banned from

Given the passage of time here though I would suggest discussing with the mod and seeing if there are any terms on which your threadban could be lifted if you have not already done so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Beasty wrote: »
    Threadbans are dealt with in Help Desk, so I have moved this from the Dispute Resolution Forum

Have you discussed this with the mod who threadbanned you? If you are banned from one thread it makes sense for you to be equally banned from another thread on the same topic. Otherwise posters could (and some have) start new threads just so they can post on a topic they are otherwise banned from

Given the passage of time here though I would suggest discussing with the mod and seeing if there are any terms on which your threadban could be lifted if you have not already done so

The ban was disputed at the time and upheld. I didn't see the point in revisiting. The topic is the main opposition party Sinn Fein. I see your point but I've not started any threads on them including the one I posted in today. The original thread was about how SF had disappeared. That was changed by a different MOD (not the one thread banned me) to a general SF thread. The thread created today was about SF property ownership, later blended into the general SF thread, (no note).
    I'll PM the MOD and see what happens.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Hello,
    It has been addressed and discussed with the MOD via PM.
    Thanks for your help.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,585 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Excellent

Thanks for the update

Advertisement