Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kids rugby dublin 14 - 16 area

Options
  • 03-07-2015 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Is there a kids rugby club in the D14/16 area ?

I've found Rugby Tots but my lad is mad to get started on something a bit more grown up.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Stillorgan RFC have kids rugby. Started last season and they train in Meadowbrook, Ballinteer.

http://www.stillorganrfc.ie/contentPage/328089/m_i_n_i_s That info is for last season but Niall is still involved so can fill you in on more up to date info...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Not quite Dublin 14 / 16, but not far off.
    DLSP is just up the road near Stepaside - 44 bus passes the gates.
    Has one of the largest mini / youths sections in the country and runs teams all the way from 3 years of age to senior adults.

Depending on age, mini or daisy-pickers would be options.
    http://www.dlspfc.ie/team-info/mini-rugby.143.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Not quite in D14/16 but I believe Seapoint has quite a good kids' setup. No direct experience myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If anything, you are actually spoilt for choice in D 14/D 16 :)

Asides from the suggestions already listed....
    • Old Wesley Mini's play in Ballyporus, which is close to Kilternan.
    • Terenure College RFC and St. Marys College RFC also have mini rugby and aren't that far away, particularly if you are in the Ballinteer/Ballyroan/Knocklyon area.
    • Tallaght RFC have mini's and play out of the Victory Church on the Firhouse Road; the 75 bus gets you there..
    • Blackrock College RFC may also suit; you are looking at about 10 minutes drive from Sandyford.

Check out any of aforementioned clubs websites or Facebook pages for contact details; you can expect their mini rugby seasons to kick off in early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Folks,

Is there a kids rugby club in the D14/16 area ?

I've found Rugby Tots but my lad is mad to get started on something a bit more grown up.

Thanks
    Rob
    What age is your kid? Lots of options for mini rugby and most mentioned above. Bective are like Wesley based in both Donnybrook and then Kiltiernan/Glenamuck...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

What age is your kid? Lots of options for mini rugby and most mentioned above. Bective are like Wesley based in both Donnybrook and then Kiltiernan/Glenamuck...

The last I heard, Bective use Donnybrook for their mini's. OW have theirs in the hills. Granted, its worth checking again in case either club has changed their arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

The last I heard, Bective use Donnybrook for their mini's. OW have theirs in the hills. Granted, its worth checking again in case either club has changed their arrangements.
    Both use Donnybrook but Wesley use Kiltiernan much more for underage than Bective use Glenamuck for underage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

DLSP in stepaside are close. Lots of kids up there would be from D14/16. We have a huge and very well run mini youth section. It has the oldest mini rugby section in Leinster with lots of qualified coaches. Training will start back in early september. www.dlspfc.ie

Advertisement