Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasgot vs. Leinster, Saturday 30th November 7.35PM (Eir Sport 1, Premier Sports 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

[HTML][/HTML]
    Almost every single ruck in the buildup to that break Glasgow were taking out the man past the ruck or impeding.

It was hilarious. They didn't even pretend to come thru the gate.

That's just humiliating. Glasgow have advantage, fluffs it and loses the collisions and then cough the ball up. Glasgow should be relying on their experience here.

How are Leinster 7 up?? Crazy based on balance of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

crisco10 wrote: »
    How are Leinster 7 up?? Crazy based on balance of play.

'Cause they're Leinster!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Both savage players, but backrow would be a bit unbalanced with both of em?

Not sure. WC is a big unit and has shown good hands and carried well tonight. He has experience at 6 and 8, even covering lock previously. I'd have thought his game is well suited to blindside.

Their both tackling machines but that's no bad thing.

Combine them with a combative and strong carrier like Deegan who also has a presence at the breakdown and you could have a great unit with some investment.

That's just humiliating. Glasgow have advantage, fluffs it and loses the collisions and then cough the ball up. Glasgow should be relying on their experience here.

Price had 2 quick taps in that half. Neither worked out in any way.

Almost every single ruck in the buildup to that break Glasgow were taking out the man past the ruck or impeding.

They must have been watching Leinster so!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Buer wrote: »
    Not sure. WC is a big unit and has shown good hands and carried well tonight. He has experience at 6 and 8, even covering lock previously. I'd have thought his game is well suited to blindside.

Their both tackling machines but that's no bad thing.

Combine them with a combative and strong carrier like Deegan who also has a presence at the breakdown and you could have a great unit with some investment.

6’4” and 102kgs, not huge but considerably bigger than I thought he was. Might be worth a try a la Curry and Underhill.

stephen_n wrote: »
    6’4” and 102kgs, not huge but considerably bigger than I thought he was. Might be worth a try a la Curry and Underhill.

Yeah me too. Everyday is a school day. I only really have seen him play 7 so had put him in that box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,210 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Huw Jones was dreadful in the build up to Leinsters first try. For a big man he's a terrible tackler. Can see why he was left out of the world cup squad.

Watching the second try again and I'd say the coaches are thrilled. Set play going through a couple of phases. Everyone executed and got their positions and lines right. Things like Molony and Connors popping up to link it all up is great to see.

Clegg wrote: »
    Huw Jones was dreadful in the build up to Leinsters first try. For a big man he's a terrible tackler. Can see why he was left out of the world cup squad.

Supposedly looking to go back to Cape Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Dooley is gonna be undewr some serious pressure from Milne very shortly

Bent is having an absolute shocker, get him off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Great maul defence by Doris there

• Advertisement

Looking at that run back from Ross Byrne, he has been working on his speed.

Good return carry from Byrne, made gainline. Haven't seen that form him before.

Connors is a big prospect for Leinster.

Tracey might just be my motm atm. Very physical shift from him, has gotten in the way of a few big carries.

About time Leinster got a score. Have had the better of this half.

• Advertisement

"A very happy Leo Cullen looks on"

Leo looks as pensive as ever....

Connors is a big prospect for Leinster.

We've some serious competition over the next couple years in the back row. Ruddock, Conan, VdF, Leavy, Connors, Deegan, Doris, Penny, Murphy, Moloney in the academy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Looking at that run back from Ross Byrne, he has been working on his speed.

I thought it was Keenan......he really got a head of steam up.....

Has been excellent again today so far imo

We've some serious competition over the next couple years in the back row. Ruddock, Conan, VdF, Leavy, Connors, Deegan, Doris, Penny, Murphy, Moloney in the academy.

Based on the last few years unfortunately I would expect some of those players will have to retire due to injury.

It's been a long time since Glasgow have scored.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Based on the last few years unfortunately I would expect some of those players will have to retire due to injury.

The reality does seem to be that you will never have all the backrows fit at once. And probably at least 1 long term injured. Conners, leavy, vdf, sob, nordi...all have had long term injured in last few years

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Aside from Ruddock, all of the above are 27 or under. We've only had two back rows retire due to injury over the last few years, Heaslip at 33 and McLaughlin who was 31.... I would be absolutely astonished if any of those named were retired before 27/28.

MacParland was a massive loss to Scottish rugby. He's turned Ulster into a f**king hard team with and abundance of determination and toughness. These are not adjectives I'd use to describe Scottish forwards these days and both Edinburgh and Glasgow struggling against back to front depth teams from Munster and Leinster is not a good sign.

Scottish rugby is in real trouble.

I feel like that's the first reasonably sized mistake Leinster have made this half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Glasgow discipline is awful.

• Advertisement

That was so so so so so bad from jackson

MacParland was a massive loss to Scottish rugby. He's turned Ulster into a f**king hard team with and abundance of determination and toughness. These are not adjectives I'd use to describe Scottish forwards these days and both Edinburgh and Glasgow struggling against back to front depth teams from Munster and Leinster is not a good sign.

IN reality the push for Townsend to get the national job has had a huge affect on Scottish rugby

Both Glasgow and Scotland have gone backward. Edinburgh have improved is the only plus

Will Connors again....hes a lunatic in defense my god

Molony and Connors have been absolutely brilliant.

Molony has to leave. He could have a very good few seasons in England for someone like Bath. Far too good to be 4th choice.

Ref was about to give the penalty. But then jgp picked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I'd have said Edinburgh are a very tough team in the mould of their coach.

JGP should have left in scrum.....would have got penalty

Matawalu is just electric when he gets ball in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

That was so so so so so bad from jackson
    Jackson looks like a half boiled guines pig.

• Advertisement

Knocked on?

Great defense from Leinster there to stop Glasgow.

Be ironic if Jackson ended up with a hat trick.

Matawalu is just electric when he gets ball in hand

Fortunately he also electrocutes himself with his decision making with ball in hand.

That's more massive defensive

Ross Molony last man up. Who else?

Ross Molony last man up. Who else?

Amazing to think he's only 25. Has 89 caps already, captained the team a fair few times too. Massively underrated.

• Advertisement

Good to see Aungier holding up well in the scrum

Kicked out of ruck by Leinster. Ref calls through the middle. Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,210 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Will Connors motm.

Was titanic in defence. Out in some huge hits that put Glasgow begins the gainline. We don't have enough players who can do that. He's a rare breed.

Hands down the performance of the season.

30 something phases of defence at end. Savage desire to be really mean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement