Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help - what to wear

Options
  • 09-09-2019 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Ok so I'm being whisked off to fancy hotel for our anniversary, but I've no clue what to wear! Think having kids and no nights out does that to you haha.....
    I'm an hourglass shape and would love ideas??? We'll be having dinner in the hotel so don't want be too ott! Help

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Would you consider a midi dress? There's lots of styles out there with v neck and slightly cinched waist that would be lovely on an hourglass figure. You could wear with heels or ankles boots, depending how dressed up you want to be. Comfort is key though! I love heading to wherever couches are in hotels (lobby, drawing room, etc) with a drink after dinner, quieter and cosier than the bar, tight dresses need not apply!

In terms of breakfast and being about the hotel, I think jeans and a nice top will cover you well, even a nice sweatshirt or tee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 moni jonas

Strap less one-piece

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I am complete slouch in the mornings so I usually wear whatever is the most comfortable at breakfast. Oversized shirts are big at the moment so you can wear a nice shirt with jeans or cords. A knit with joggers is also nice. Massimo Dutti just dropped their catwalk collection and it's hitting a lot of main a/w trends.

It might be personal preference but I hate to be very done up when going out. Avoid anything that you need to wear shapewear with. I would pick a dress that looks good with heels or without and choose the footwear when you get the feel of the place.

https://www.stories.com/en_eur/clothing/dresses/midi-dresses/product.printed-ruffle-bib-midi-dress-coffee-bean-zig-zag.0649775002.html

https://www.stories.com/en_eur/clothing/dresses/midi-dresses/product.side-tie-satin-midi-dress-green.0741119004.html

https://m.zara.com/ie/en/polka-dot-print-midi-dress-p08004223.html?v1=19894590&v2=1281625

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Penney's actually have some nice combat style joggers in at the moment, khaki green and another colour, maybe grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Thanks great suggestions there, going have to have a look and see what I have and maybe have a look in the local shops.... Most dresses I have are tight figure hugging dresses but I don't know if I'd be overdressed in them!
    Thanks feel so clueless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Penny's have nice long sleeved dresses at the moment too. They'd be nice with a pair of leggings and either boots or flats. You could put on heels to dress it up a wee bit and wear a belt at the waist if you wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

For dining, any nice dress or top-and-skirt, would look pretty without being overdone.

Not too much skin displayed at dinner table, is the usual guide. eg strapless dresses better for bar, clubs, dancing etc.

For breakfast, whatever is comfortable

Advertisement