Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Oh would you just walk your f*cking legs please'

Options
  • 13-12-2018 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

I must've had this thought about, hmm, 750 times in Town earlier. Slow c*nts.

I don't mean mentally slow - some might've been because it was Henry St - but slow physically. They walked like they had sh*t their pants - and some might've, because it was Henry St.

They walked like they were walking to their execution. They walked like how you walk in Musical Chairs when there's only two of you left. They walked like people who had no real idea where they were walking to.

They walked with very little regard for the walkers behind them, the people like me, who did know where they were going and wanted to get there before the 24th.

Inconsiderate clowns.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fordyjames

I take it you don't like old people?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Going slow, and they're not even walking their legs, makes me sick! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Going slow, and they're not even walking their legs, makes me sick! :mad:

I notice a lot of people seem to have difficulty with walking these days, their bodies seem to be forgetting how its done.
    End result of a lifetime of being driven everywhere and lack of physical activity in general I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Was there an emergency? Was the whole world going to grind to a halt because you were held up a few seconds?

Bet your a q jumper in slow moving traffic too aren't you....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I usually just whiz past these kinds of folk.

I literally slalom between people who walk slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Hammer89 wrote: »

I don't mean mentally slow - some might've been because it was Henry St - but slow physically. They walked like they had sh*t their pants - and some might've, because it was Henry St.

They walked like they were walking to their execution. They walked like how you walk in Musical Chairs when there's only two of you left. They walked like people who had no real idea where they were walking to.

They walked with very little regard for the walkers behind them, the people like me, who did know where they were going and wanted to get there before the 24th.

Inconsiderate clowns.

You should just walk up behind them and shout "RAPPIN PAYPUR-ANYONE FOR DE RAPPIN PAYPUR"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I usually just whiz past these kinds of folk.

I literally slalom between people who walk slow.
    That's not always possible if there are enough of them. The ones that really wreck my head are the ones who just stop walking for no apparent reason, causing you to nearly bash into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Paths should be divided into lanes to facilitate different types of people; fast paths for people who actually have places to be, slow paths for those just out for a wander, and dawdlers paths for tourists, shoppers, the infirm and the elderly.

There should also be fines for people who stop in the middle of a path to look at their phones and people who congregate outside shop entrances without regard for those coming in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Paths should be divided into lanes to facilitate different types of people; fast paths for people who actually have places to be, slow paths for those just out for a wander, and dawdlers paths for tourists, shoppers, the infirm and the elderly.

And Travelators.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

There should also be fines for people who stop in the middle of a path to look at their phones and people who congregate outside shop entrances without regard for those coming in and out.

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

giphy.webp

cy9yg30.gif

slow-walk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

All us dubs does be full of gear and tabalits and can't be walkin fast in anyways

It's generally infinitely less edifying to watch somebody with all the intolerance and impatience of youthful masculinity for the old and infirm, than it is to be stuck behind the latter people in crowds.

People grow up and usually get to their mid-30s or mid-40s and become increasingly aware of their own mortality, their own declining speed and fitness and become more tolerant and even accepting of people who don't have the seemingly immortal vigour of youth. The same people are also probably wise enough to know they are frustrated by slower people and try to avoid being in such crowds - by doing online shopping, going to actual shops at quiet times, etc. Simple little pieces of self-knowledge to stop oneself imploding and to get through this short life and its many challenges as peacefully and happily as possible.

Please embrace maturity and wisdom, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

It's generally infinitely less edifying to watch somebody with all the intolerance and impatience of youthful masculinity for the old and infirm, than it is to be stuck behind the latter people in crowds.

People grow up and usually get to their mid-30s or mid-40s and become increasingly aware of their own mortality, their own declining speed and fitness and become more tolerant and even accepting of people who don't have the seemingly immortal vigour of youth. The same people are also probably wise enough to know they are frustrated by slower people and try to avoid being in such crowds - by doing online shopping, going to actual shops at quiet times, etc. Simple little pieces of self-knowledge to stop oneself imploding and to get through this short life and its many challenges as peacefully and happily as possible.

You sound like a spotty arts student and not a bastion for maturity and wisdom to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

OP heading for an early stroke with that attitude

You sound like a spotty arts student and not a bastion for maturity and wisdom to be honest.

You sound drunk again, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

A subscriber to the 'barge outta my path' school of thought.

Don't do much walking on the footpath to be honest Albert. I'm normally only in town for rugby matches and I'm full enough on those occasions so don't mind the corwds.

The wife does all the Christmas present shopping so don't get involved in the clusterfck that is town at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Inconsiderate clowns.

If you have places to be and are late....you should have left earlier. It's your issue and to expect everyone else to part like the red sea for your lordship is narcissism at its finest.

If you are due to someplace important like a final exam, a wedding or birth or whatever....sure...... walk at a fair clip but 99% of the time that's not the case and the thing you are stressing about is trivial. So why not take your time and enjoy a nice stroll? You don't have to treat every excursion like the invasion of Normandy. Relax.

My Uncle is a lot like you and insists on doing everything and going everywhere at 100 miles an hour. Be it by car or on foot. You'd nearly want to be sprinting to keep up with him with the state of his power walking and god help anyone in his way.

It's not healthy. Calm down and relax. What's the rush? Just leave five minutes earlier and you can walk at a normal pace and not be mad at everyone around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Hmm, so these weren't old people Fuaranach. They were just very slow at walking. What kind of scenario would have a bunch old people walking up and down Henry St anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Kirby wrote: »
    If you have places to be and are late....you should have left earlier. It's your issue and to expect everyone else to part like the red sea for your lordship is narcissism at its finest.

If you are due to someplace important like a final exam, a wedding or birth or whatever....sure...... walk at a fair clip but 99% of the time that's not the case and the thing you are stressing about is trivial. So why not take your time and enjoy a nice stroll? You don't have to treat every excursion like the invasion of Normandy. Relax.

My Uncle is a lot like you and insists on doing everything and going everywhere at 100 miles an hour. Be it by car or on foot. You'd nearly want to be sprinting to keep up with him with the state of his power walking and god help anyone in his way.

It's not healthy. Calm down and relax. What's the rush? Just leave five minutes earlier and you can walk at a normal pace and not be mad at everyone around you.

I was walking normally. You and Fuaranach need to stop forming responses based on false assumptions that you's made and re-read the OP properly I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I read it. The "slow c*nts" bit was quite enlightening.

No assumptions necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Odhinn wrote: »
    You should just walk up behind them and shout "RAPPIN PAYPUR-ANYONE FOR DE RAPPIN PAYPUR"
    Or 'last a de cheeeeekie chaaalies"

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Kirby wrote: »

It's not healthy.

It probably is actually...the walking bit anyway, gets the auld heart pumping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Unanimous

Lol. Just walk in front of them and then walk very slow so they give out to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

And Travelators.

Ah here, I know they consider themselves an ethnic minority,but giving them their own paths to walk on is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

As Hammer89 said, it's not always older people, just people floating around in their own little worlds, unaware of the inconvenience they're causing, and probably not caring either.

I'm not exactly young either (mid-40s), nor am I Mr. Fitness, so it's not an ageist thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

As Hammer89 said, it's not always older people, just people floating around in their own little worlds, unaware of the inconvenience they're causing, and probably not caring either.

I'm not exactly young either (mid-40s), nor am I Mr. Fitness, so it's not an ageist thing.
    Yeah but you're a Badly Drunk Boy so you probably walk like this :p

tenor.gif?itemid=5999296

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hmm, so these weren't old people Fuaranach. They were just very slow at walking. What kind of scenario would have a bunch old people walking up and down Henry St anyway?

so what? Good for them to be enjoying their outing...

cliggg wrote: »
    Yeah but you're a Badly Drunk Boy so you probably walk like this :p

tenor.gif?itemid=5999296

I love that full clip :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

That's not always possible if there are enough of them. The ones that really wreck my head are the ones who just stop walking for no apparent reason, causing you to nearly bash into them.

Or the ones with the inbuilt radar that track your moves and so when you go to pass them they move into your way for absolutely no reason as they weren't changing direction or turning around. Fcuking ****!!

Advertisement