Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling sorry

Options
  • 13-06-2015 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭

Would u feel sorry for a millionaire eg rockstar, sports star etc ???

There millionaires and some of them go around like there's life's are **** eg complaing about being lonley, how there addicted to drink and drugs. Us normal people have bills, family's And jobs to think about

Rockstars go to rehab and suddenly there fine a few months later they can then go on tour and travel the world. While if any of us joe soaps go to rehab and come out we have to try and live normal life's where famous people can live off there millions.

Do u feel sorry for Ozzy Osbourne because he's an addict ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

PTH2009 wrote: »

There millionaires and some of them go around like there's life's are **** eg complaing about being lonley, how there addicted to drink and drugs

Rockstars go to rehab and suddenly there fine a few months later they can then go on tour and travel the world. While if any of us joe soaps go to rehab and come out we have to try and live normal life's where famous people can live off there millions.

Do u feel sorry for Ozzy Osbourne because he's a fruitcake ??

There - fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

There millionaires and some of them go around like there's life's are **** eg complaing about being lonley, how there addicted to drink and drugs

Life is not like that. Pain is not a competition. It does not work that way.

There millionaires and some of them go around like there's life's are **** eg complaing about being lonley, how there addicted to drink and drugs. Us normal people have bills, family's And jobs to think about

Money != Happiness. Yes I would feel sorry for anyone that has a horrible life changing addiction. These people are just human same as me and you, just because they have money means nothing to be honest. If you cut them they bleed, if you hurt them they cry. How do you know they are fine a few months later? cause they start singing or acting again? You don't see what goes on behind closed doors.

Ozzy seems like a nice guy and I feel sorry for him because he really tries to keep his demons under wraps but sometimes they get the better of him.

Do you think just because people are millionaires they aren't people?

The response should not be feel less sorry for the fortunate, but more help for those less fortunate. Less compassion in the world is hardly going to help anyone. We all are human and sometimes need taking care of. It's humbling but we are all human.

The response should not be feel less sorry for the fortunate, but more help for those less fortunate. Less compassion in the world is hardly going to help anyone. We all are human and sometimes need taking care of. It's humbling but we are all human.

To be honest the OPs post smacks of jealousy. Rockstars are rich so they don't deserve to feel human emotions like the rest of us and how dare they walk around with their millions when we have to pay bills. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swanley

We all feel the floccinaucinihilipilification of life at times - even rich people!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

To be honest the OPs post smacks of jealousy. Rockstars are rich so they don't deserve to feel human emotions like the rest of us and how dare they walk around with their millions when we have to pay bills. :mad:

Rock stars won the lottery of life. Make a living out of there hobby , have loads of people who adore them,

Floyd Mayweather is a multi millionaire and is a doucebag attacking women etc

Money != Happiness. Yes I would feel sorry for anyone that has a horrible life changing addiction. These people are just human same as me and you, just because they have money means nothing to be honest. If you cut them they bleed, if you hurt them they cry. How do you know they are fine a few months later? cause they start singing or acting again? You don't see what goes on behind closed doors.

Ozzy seems like a nice guy and I feel sorry for him because he really tries to keep his demons under wraps but sometimes they get the better of him.

Do you think just because people are millionaires they aren't people?

I love OZZY! :-) And YES he is a Fruitcake ...I am a ****ing weirdo! But i'm nice.

None of us are perfecto!...Who am I? ....(answer:I am the QUEEEN OF FRAAANCE) ...sorry it's from a cartoon!

The lead singer in the Darkness went into rehab. Craig Ferguson is a sober alcoholic.

It's weird. You would think the rich have very little reason to doubt the validity of their own behavior, life and have self esteem for their success in life. But obviously some are in pain. It's possibly isolating to be famous. Being aloof to them and their pain is actually what I don't like about some wealthy people. Ignoring pain doesn't make you a good person wherever that pain is.

Pain is not a competition.

I do wish there were better resources for poor people suffering from addictions. But it's something that happens across social strata.

Rock stars won the lottery of life. Make a living out of there hobby , have loads of people who adore them,

I wouldn't say they won the lottery of life. They are doing well for themselves but you don't know what is going on behind closed doors, just because they are rich doesn't make them happy.

There is bad elements in every elements of society from the top down to the bottom, Floyd is a bit of a twat alright. Manny is also rich and is a top bloke, point being whether you are a millionaire or are broke it doesn't define you as a person. You could be rich and nice person, poor and be a dick, poor and be a nice person etc. The money isn't what makes a person.

Yes it's a lottery in many ways. Most are probably aware of that to some extent.

Yes he is a ****. But money or fame did not make him that. HE made himself that. HE chose to beat up people. He chose to be an asshat with money. He would have been a violent asshat without money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The worse thing is for wealthy people to give out about prices while they have wads of 50 Euro notes in there wallets while there been served by someone who lives on scraps

Wealthy people are cute with there money indeed

The worse thing is for wealthy people to give out about prices while they have wads of 50 Euro notes in there wallets while there been served by someone who lives on scraps

Ok it's crass but that has nothing to do with them doing their best in their efforts to overcome emotional pain or an addiction.

Other peoples money is nothing to do with you though. Also just because someone has money don't mean they want to just blow it and that person with money most likely start off in a job that paid him scraps but worked his way up.

Are rich people not allowed to complain if they are being charged to much? I wouldn't like to feel I was being taken advantage of just because I can afford it :(

The two topics are unrelated.

The two topics are unrelated.

That is true. The first post asked would I feel sorry for people with addictions who are rich. Answer is yes I would feel just as sorry for them as I did someone who wasn't rich. Rich and Poor people both die the same way if they OD, no difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

There are no normal people. The word normal is a nasty thing to call others. We are all different in our own ways, and rightly so.

A millionaire single person or family of which has some riches are not superior to any-other human being, they just live in a more placid comfort zone because they can afford to do this. It doesn't mean they are superior to you, but education sure as hell helps to understand this.

Folks complaining about people that have plenty of money and live pleasantly are just being jealous and will do anything to attack them and bring them down, ie. bullying was always the normal route to this.

If you don't like folk that are well-off, then I suggest you create something and patent it, or make your own money so then I can give out to you for being a rich ass-hole. Where's the love ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's because they're rockstars and famous that we here about it, they still go through mental problems but for the most part they don't choose to have their personal problems broadcasted to the world.

You know money won't always satisfy you if you're miserable. When deep down in a black depression financial worth doesn't register. It's your soul you start thinking about, wtf am I really doing here? etc..

That is true. The first post asked would I feel sorry for people with addictions who are rich. Answer is yes I would feel just as sorry for them as I did someone who wasn't rich. Rich and Poor people both die the same way if they OD, no difference.

I try not to dehumanize anyone. I agree all should have compassion. Rich and poor and in between. It's just sometimes i see society does not give that to the poor. It's not that I want to rob that compassion from anyone at all. I don't feel any less compassion for a wealthy person who needs it or is in pain. I think that would make me a sociopath to be honest. Making a decision about feeling compassion or whether to feel cold to someone based on a logical calculation of sums in adding and subtracting pain is rather sociopathic.

They do have opportunities for rehab that others do not have. It doesn't mean we feel less compassion or love for them. There is not a world compassion bank. There is no credit limit. Infact the more you give ...the more you have. We should try to help the have nots ...not hate the haves. The rich need compassion too. Infact if more rich people realized they too need to embrace humanity the world would be a MUCH better place.

Pain is not a competition. Don't play that game. I have seen people do it. Good people. You end up actually hurting more than helping.

I would feel equal compassion. They might need different types of help though. But the same compassion.

There are no normal people. The word normal is a nasty thing to call others. We are all different in our own ways, and rightly so.

A millionaire single person or family of which has some riches are not superior to any-other human being, they just live in a more placid comfort zone because they can afford to do this. It doesn't mean they are superior to you, but education sure as hell helps to understand this.

Folks complaining about people that have plenty of money and live pleasantly are just being jealous and will do anything to attack them and bring them down, ie. bullying was always the normal route to this.

If you don't like folk that are well-off, then I suggest you create something and patent it, or make your own money so then I can give out to you for being a rich ass-hole. Where's the love ?.

Exactly Irish people love begrudging rich people because they are successful, where as in other countries the people inspire to one day be successful themselves.

I hate to quote Bono but he has one good quote:

"In Ireland people have an interesting attitude to success; they look down on it. In America, you look up at . . . the mansion on the hill and say, “One day . . . that could be me.” In Ireland, they look up at the mansion on the hill and go, “One day I’m gonna get that bastard.”"

Sorry but this post is just ridiculous. It shows the type of ignorance about poverty that I despise.

You want compassion from those you don't give it to.

The funny thing is some of them will give it to you and ask for nothing in return. And that is YOUR shame.

• Advertisement

Exactly Irish people love begrudging rich people because they are successful, where as in other countries the people inspire to one day be successful themselves.

This would be total rubbish. Rich people are imperfect...if they weren't then they would not have pain ..they are human ...in the gutter..

If rich people don't like the relationship they have with the world then I suggest they become better more compassionate people.

You know money won't always satisfy you if you're miserable. When deep down in a black depression financial worth doesn't register. It's your soul you start thinking about, wtf am I really doing here? etc..

It makes it much easier to get help though.

This would be total rubbish. Rich people are imperfect...if they weren't then they would not have pain ..they are human ...in the gutter..

If rich people don't like the relationship they have with the world then I suggest they become better more compassionate people.

Right............... what are you on about? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I hate to quote Bono but he has one good quote:

"In Ireland people have an interesting attitude to success; they look down on it. In America, you look up at . . . the mansion on the hill and say, “One day . . . that could be me.” In Ireland, they look up at the mansion on the hill and go, “One day I’m gonna get that bastard.”"

Expertly explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

I have sympathy for certain types of wealth people. For example,
    I have tonnes of sympathy for Justin Bieber. He is a manufactured singer. A puppet. Pulled from school by a record company when he was about 13. He was never protected, instead he was thrust into the public eye. He hadn't a clue how to deal with anything & he's only famous because someone else wanted to get rich off him. For me, cases like Justin Bieber & to the same extent the chap from one direction who apparently was/is close to a nervous breakdown. These kind of famous people are purely exploited & put in situations where they are probably not meant to be in terms of money & media exposure.

Bieber was mismanaged & exploited from day 1. I would have sympathy for him because he hasn't a clue, to him his behaviour is normal because he was never told any different.

On the other hand, I have zero sympathy for the likes of Bono. He's just a ****.

G'nite clique. You are boring now.

I stand by my principles.

G'nite clique. You are boring now.

I stand by my principles.

I might agree with your principles but you aren't explaining them well.

I might agree with your principles but you aren't explaining them well.

My principles are not for you to agree with. I draw the line and decide who I want thanks. It's not a side.

If you don't understand then you are the wrong reader.

Ambiguity is a form of expression. A valid beautiful one.

• Advertisement

My principles are not for you to agree with. I draw the line and decide who I want thanks. It's not a side.

If you don't understand then you are the wrong reader.

What are you talking about? Do you need to sleep it off?

Advertisement