Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warm winter coat?

• 15-09-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a warm winter coat, one that I can wear doing frosty snowy weather. Any suggestion as to which brands would be best?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Zara do beautiful coats! And I heard a rumour that they may soon be opening an online shop with delivery to Ireland - can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Kimia wrote: »
    Zara do beautiful coats! And I heard a rumour that they may soon be opening an online shop with delivery to Ireland - can anyone confirm?
    No online shopping for Ireland unfortunately.

See this thread for more information

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056025567

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

topman..

you'll get your moneys worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

That's H&M though PB, I was talking about Zara..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

There was a topic about Zara... anyway their online store is UK, France and a couple of other places that are not Ireland, with more markets coming later in the year

+1 on their coats tho, I adore the one I got last year. It's Zara Woman, and significantly warmer than teh Zara Basic jacket I already had. OP - check the wool content. You need about 70% wool minimum for warmth. I saw two beautiful coats in Zara last week in Portugal but it was 30+ degrees, I couldn't even bring myself to try them on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Kimia wrote: »
    That's H&M though PB, I was talking about Zara..
    I'm sorry lol I am not with it today, do excuse my above post with the link lol.

Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

lainey316 wrote: »
    There was a topic about Zara... anyway their online store is UK, France and a couple of other places that are not Ireland, with more markets coming later in the year

+1 on their coats tho, I adore the one I got last year. It's Zara Woman, and significantly warmer than teh Zara Basic jacket I already had. OP - check the wool content. You need about 70% wool minimum for warmth. I saw two beautiful coats in Zara last week in Portugal but it was 30+ degrees, I couldn't even bring myself to try them on.

Thanks. Just the kind of hint I need. Just have to find some now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I bought a lovely jacket in Zara about 2 years ago and wore it almost every day during the last 2 winters and found it fantastic. It's really warm and has lasted really well. It's one of the best buys I've made.

If you can travel and have a bit of extra cash to spare, Jimmy Hourihan's coats are lovely and very warm. I think he only sells out of his 'factory' outlet in Glasnevin (website here).

Took a quick look at the site, but the only pictures that are up on it are capes, but they definitely do really nice coats with lots of different shapes, styles and colours.

A-wear have some nice coats in, but I don't think they look that warm.

You could always try Pennys and Dunnes for something a little cheaper. Oh, and try TKMaxx, too. If you've got the time to route through all the stuff you never know what you might pick up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I got a great winter jacket in River Island last week. Try there :)

Advertisement