Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guys hairstyles?

• 06-08-2004 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Well it's been ages since I did anything new with my hair so I'm looking for suggestions for well styles...

My hair is kinda wavey and curly and doesn't look good when it's long

long = fuzzy

I'll probably wait until it gets a little longer and then go to peter mark or somewhere, but I was hoping the good people of boards would be able to make suggestions...

btw, I can't do anything too mad, as I work in an office and I have regular client meetings and can't afford to look like a complete pratt...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MissS

whatever you do do not get it shaven off like a lot of irish & english lads! I really don't know why you guys always do that....I know it's the fashion at the moment to be a beckham/bradd pitt -lookalike but please it only suits some of you and it's going on tooooo long.... I personally like the mohawk style thingie going on at the mo...

113c_fashion_men.JPG

or maybe even this

mens_12.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

or this?

002.jpg

possible?

oeee I found a really cool website with some short-haircuts...check it out

http://www.adversus.nl/beauty/haartrends_kort.html

okkkkkk I'll stop justtttt after this one :o

3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

MissS wrote:

3.jpg

That one's definitely to my liking... hmmm... ;)

MissS wrote:

3.jpg

.....that 'do is soooooo 2003, don't do it unless you want to mistaken for one of Sam and Mark.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/music/sam/signing/images/index_270.jpg
    Yikes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

So what's 2004? or even 2005?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

these cats got the look...nice

pblonde.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Those mohawk cuts just make me think "gay hairdresser" or "english twat". Neither are good options for me. Generally, I like a close cut on a man, maybe slightly longer on top. Blade 3/4 on sides, longer on top. It's a simple cut, and yet suits most men.

If a man has good cheek/jaw definition, then he can really carry off the tight-cut. Ie Beckham/Pitt/Smith in SATC. It can be very masculine and attractive, but not if it's covered by a Burberry baseball cap!!

If you want to keep your hair long, you need conditioning regularly and trims to remove any split ends. Only then will the frizz be under control. Long straight hair on a man is always good if the hair is in good nick. Think Kurt Cobain, now there was one very sexy man!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

MissS wrote:
    whatever you do do not get it shaven off like a lot of irish & english lads! I really don't know why you guys always do that....

Sometimes its just practical to keep your hair short.. When I played a lot of
    sports, it just wasnt practical and was way too time consuming to style my
    hair so I just get it shaved on back and sides and really short on top.. get it
    cut every 3 - 4 weeks..

Tox

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

dudara wrote:
    If a man has good cheek/jaw definition

that would be me.. or so im told.. :cool:

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

dudara wrote:
    If you want to keep your hair long, you need conditioning regularly and trims to remove any split ends. Only then will the frizz be under control. Long straight hair on a man is always good if the hair is in good nick. Think Kurt Cobain, now there was one very sexy man!

Do you honestly reckon Kurt Cobain conditioned and trimmed his split ends!? His hair was filthy at the best of times as far as I recall.

colm_c wrote:
    So what's 2004? or even 2005?
    Don't be smart. I don't know much about hair but tbh that mohawk thing is just so done that it's only to be seen on Ben Sherman clad desperados and as a gal I'd run a mile ..... it'd prob attract the kinda girl who's just so into the Rachael 'do right now.

MissS wrote:

3.jpg

i fooking hate that type of hair-style and i completely agree with Aurther Hugh and dudara on the subject.

go for whatever suits YOU - not whats in fashion for the next 30seconds

ferdi wrote:
    i fooking hate that type of hair-style and i completely agree with Aurther Hugh and dudara on the subject.

go for whatever suits YOU - not whats in fashion for the next 30seconds

I didn't post this pic because it is, or supposed to be fashion...I posted it because I like it!

dudara wrote:
    If a man has good cheek/jaw definition, then he can really carry off the tight-cut. Ie Beckham/Pitt/Smith in SATC. It can be very masculine and attractive, but not if it's covered by a Burberry baseball cap!!

Exactly my point :cool:

soul2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Go for whatever you feel comfortable with. Maybe experiment with some new gels to see if that gives it a different look? The "messed up/just out of bed" look is always good in guys, cos it makes them seem sort of relaxed :cool:

blondie83 wrote:
    Go for whatever you feel comfortable with. Maybe experiment with some new gels to see if that gives it a different look? The "messed up/just out of bed" look is always good in guys, cos it makes them seem sort of relaxed :cool:

nodding.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

what you dont realise is that the fhags probably spend half an hour or more constructing that "dont care about my hair look" when in reality this couldnt be further from the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭damntheman

I love guys with curly hair, not too long, but not too short. The curly part is definitely great though!

edit: I just noticed that this isn't really helpful at all. sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    Sometimes its just practical to keep your hair short.. When I played a lot of
    sports, it just wasnt practical and was way too time consuming to style my
    hair so I just get it shaved on back and sides and really short on top.. get it
    cut every 3 - 4 weeks..

Tox

same as myself .

You could go for the Carlos Valdramma look (sorry I dont have a pick) , although he wasnt a great headerer of the ball because of his hair style .

Advertisement