Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrofit costs

Options
  • 21-11-2019 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭

Just saw this, and I know that this was done in Scotland, if not the whole UK in the late 80's, early 90's:-

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2019/1121/1094264-varadkar-epp-meeting/

Council houses were all Re-Wired, Insulated, fitted with double Glazing, and finally fitted with Central Heating.

So Leo's statement that no government could afford it is kinda a pile of Horse-Manure!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Look up "What are the Barriers to Retrofit in Social Housing? Report for the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy" by CAR and Cambridge Energy. The UK was not all retro fitted by any means and it has been a bone of contention for years.

I saw some activity in Scotland, that's now outdated, but nothing suggesting a countrywide project. Have you any details on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

So Leo's statement that no government could afford it is kinda a pile of Horse-Manure!!!

And are you familiar with Scotlands economy now and in the 80's/90's ?

Maybe the fact that Scotland has a load of valuable oil and gas fields in the North sea might have given them some cash to play with around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

And are you familiar with Scotlands economy now and in the 80's/90's ?

Maybe the fact that Scotland has a load of valuable oil and gas fields in the North sea might have given them some cash to play with around that time.

If I remember correctly, did not Ireland Sell their gas-fields?

Np longer Irish Revenue??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Look up "What are the Barriers to Retrofit in Social Housing? Report for the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy" by CAR and Cambridge Energy. The UK was not all retro fitted by any means and it has been a bone of contention for years.

I saw some activity in Scotland, that's now outdated, but nothing suggesting a countrywide project. Have you any details on it?

I can only speak for what I experienced across Scotland,

It is possible that England didn't do the same.

I know everyone that I knew at the time, and from all different corners of Scotland was part of this programe.

Advertisement