Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home escape rent trap

Options
  • 02-08-2020 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi

In full time work but need to escape the rent trap, cant sustain it any longer.

Regarding getting a mobile/shipping container home and assuming some land to put it on.

Im assuming there will be a special rule to stop me doing this and funnel me back into paying richer peoples mortgages.

Or am I being paranoid & can i simple plop a mobile home onto some land ?

What options are there ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Short answer.

You can't plonk a mobile home anywhere you want and live in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭KaneToad

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chosen_one

This assumes i buy the land.

If I own a spot of land guessing special rule is in place to stop me.

Planning permission wise are there any issues, would I need planning permission etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,765 ✭✭✭893bet

You can’t do it.

Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chosen_one

And the rich get richer :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Only right you cant just plonk a mobile on any plot of land. Neighbours would love that one. Development has to have some minimal level of control at the very least otherwise it is a free for all.
    Regardless. you would still need permission for effluent, water connection, access off main road. Cant get power without planning etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Just get the mobile home, it will take years for the council get a order against you. Even then you can apply for retention. Just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭chooseusername

6541 wrote: »
    Just get the mobile home, it will take years for the council get a order against you. Even then you can apply for retention. Just do it.
    Anyplace in Meath would be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If we allowed people to live in mobile homes the inevitable consequence is that wages and welfare payments would be suppressed until lots of people had no other choice.

So more material deprivation, not less.

This is how capitalism works.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

All, as per forum charter, we obey the law in this forum. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement