Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Recovery

Options
  • 18-01-2021 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Good afternoon,

Over 4 years ago now I went to a solicitor for help regarding a former fried who owed me money to the sum of €1200,

Long story short after numerous attempts and letters to the person at fault the case ended up in court, the other party failed to attend but her solicitor agreed that the person would have the funds in his office the same evening, the court ruled in my favour.

The money was never given in at the office and my solicitor explained that it was up to me the once again pay for the sheriff to retrieve the money which I did.

The sheriff went to the house numbers times but the persons mother denied that she lived there even though she does.

Recently the person was in court for another case for assault and which was printed in the newspaper, the article states she resides with her mother in the same house the sheriff had been to.

My problem is this , I have asked my solicitor to look into this but she says that I need to hire a private investigator as we have no way to prove her address. Surely once the court ruled in my favour she should have to pay the money.

The case has cost me almost the same amount as the original loss at this stage ,

Any advice would be appreciated ,

Thanks
    Conor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Quit while you are behind. Stop throwing good money after bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭the14thwarrior

sometimes you go looking for justice and you find the law

if the sherriff did not pursue it at the same there was a reason for it and thats not to say what happened was right but it happens.

and sometimes you have to walk away
    it might be you she assaults next time
    or you in court ........ if she finds a way to trap you......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You can apply for an instalment order in the District Court on the basis that normal enforcement procedures have failed.

Advertisement