Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie Golf Society Weather Watch, Saturday 18/02/12

Options
  • 13-02-2012 2:32pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well ,

Thought this might be a good idea,

Whats your forecasts for the boards.ie golf society outing this coming Saturday .

We will be playing in The Heritage , Killenard , Laois from 10 am.

Il throw my hat in the ring first as to how I think it will pay out based on the latest model guidance :

I reckon we will see some light rain , there will be a chilly westerly , north westerly wind blowing which will make it feel cold enough, Temps between 4-7 c I think, but will feel colder.

If this front was to arrive quicker we could be in for a soaking , later and we may get out without a drop of rain.

192560.png

192561.png

192562.png

192563.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

I reckon we will see some light rain , Temps between 4-7 c
    If this front was to arrive quicker we could be in for a soaking , later and we may get out without a drop of rain.

I recon if you adjust the temps a bit that forecast will do for the next 6 weekends. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'll organise a flash competition if anyone wants me to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Might be fun , especially with the different views on the model outputs at the moment :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

As you probably already know, if there is a breeze or wind there it will be felt as the course is very open to wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Gonna be close whether you get away with a dry round, in typical Irish fashion its on a knife edge whether you're in for a miserable cold, wet and windy morning or alternatively a decent dry and bright one! Looking like a bit of rain at the moment

Saturday morning is into the hi-res timeframe now with NAE showing the front passing through between 6am and 12pm

9am

120218091612.gif

12pm, just clearing away

120218121612.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looking like a damps and windy one , Typical !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I tried to get off work for it, but no joy. If she's gonna be a wet one, I'm glad I didnt now :D

I tried to get off work for it, but no joy. If she's gonna be a wet one, I'm glad I didnt now :D

Its knife edge stuff , we could end up with a dry day !

It will be chilly thats for sure !

193032.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

i have a head cold now, so it's doubly just as well :)

Advertisement