Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-06-2014, 14:03   #16
maura rua

It is not euthanasia to take the life of a healthy animal - it is killing. We are very good at killing in Ireland - 4,000 dogs in pounds alone last year. I fail to see how vets can kill healthy animals on one hand yet fight to save the life of another injured animal. All life is precious - and all lives deserves respect. killing for convenience is NOT euthanasia.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-06-2014, 08:12   #17
Amalgam

I would be pro 'self-euthanasia', meaning that, if I choose, terminate my own life and leave behind a clear social and legal status for others to take up, without causing complications or suffering.

I think the clincher is people that have been involved with, provided support in the process of, death by cancer, been present at someone struggling for the last few weeks. That really changes you.

Given the issues with pensions and general umm.. popultion redundancy, politicians will be pushing you off a cliff in 20 years. It seems it is only through the necessity/vested concerns of others that society changes these days..

-

Google Peter Smedley or Michèle Causse for video of current Euthanasia practices in Europe (Dignitas - Switzerland). The clips are probably NSFW and NSFL if you're a bit under the weather. The videos show the death of two people that have decided to end their lives through the process of self applied Euthanasia.

-

You have to make a call on animals, we had cherished pets that had cancer and 'FELV' and you really have to make the right choice on their behalf, at a certain point in their illness.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion