Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

No thunder just thundery downpours! Still going and has just gotten heavier!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No thunder just thundery downpours! Still going and has just gotten heavier!

Thundery downpours are downpours with thunder. So they're not thundery downpours then?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Thinking a Yellow warning might have been warranted for all this rain.
    Must be spot flooding in places?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sitting in the car in town and it’s absolutely bucketing, a lot of surface water about too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rotten weather in cork city atm. Shocking.

• Advertisement

Ok I don’t think I can actually get out of the car! It’s so bad

leahyl wrote: »
    Ok I don’t think I can actually get out of the car! It’s so bad
    Its biblical stuff in cork city. Was there a rain warning that I missed ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Not that I know of, they said heavy rain but didn’t think it would be like this!!

Surely there’ll be flooding if this keeps up

leahyl wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »

Not that I know of, they said heavy rain but didn’t think it would be like this!!

Surely there’ll be flooding if this keeps up
    Well It's heavy alright. Will you need a boat or some kind if it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Thundery downpours are downpours with thunder. So they're not thundery downpours then?

Oh my bad sorry, I thought they meant the really heavy rain associated with thunder storms

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The September dry spell has come to an end. Heavy rain now bucketing down here in Dunshaughlin and for me today marked the end of any summer style weather and the transition into proper Autumn/Winter, so the shorts and t-shirts are put away for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Gonzo wrote: »
    The September dry spell has come to an end. Heavy rain now bucketing down here in Dunshaughlin and for me today marked the end of any summer style weather and the transition into proper Autumn/Winter, so the shorts and t-shirts are put away for another year.

We can very often get pleasantly warm sunny weather right up to mid October(we did last year as far as I remember) so it may not be time to put them away just yet. Granted it doesn't look too promising for the next few weeks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We can very often get pleasantly warm weather right up to mid October(we did last year as far as I remember) so it may not be time to put them away just yet. Granted it doesn't look too promising for the next few weeks.

True we can get nice sunny days in October or any winter month, but the temperature levels we had over past few days won't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Was in Drogheda all day and expected to find a lot of rain here when i got home, didnt get much at all, 2mm recorded, bucketing down now though

Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Knine wrote: »
    The rain on the M9 was the worst I have ever seen & still people driving with no lights :eek:

Eejits. Irish windscreen wipers have three speeds. Light, heavy and Irish...

Listening to drums on the roof just now and the garden is well watered.. No one has ever explained why the ocean does not overflow.

Gonzo wrote: »
    all I can hear is the sound of lawnmowers, strimmers and clippers throughout the area, everyone rushing to get the gardening done before the rain.

It has been tractors all day here! same idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

We can very often get pleasantly warm sunny weather right up to mid October(we did last year as far as I remember) so it may not be time to put them away just yet. Granted it doesn't look too promising for the next few weeks.
    Sligo Airport got up to 22c on 10 October last year but such days are very uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Badly needed drop of rain in athenry
    The drought that was feared after a few sunny days in February has been averted thank god

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Not all that much rain here, although seems a lot after the previous few dry days. 1.4mm recorded and a high temperature of 20.1C.

• Advertisement

Very , utterly still and very utterly dark. Heavy rain in the night and the moon is shrouded in mist, a vague shape far, far away... as soon as there is a glimmer of light I will go for my daily wander along one of the lanes and see what is to see, or not as low clouds shroud and hide mountains.

Such deep, deep silence.

west mayo offshore

Heavy rain all night here in Meath and more on the way, as Gonzo said, it might be time to put the shorts away, but as i always wear them inside the house, i'll give them another few days outside yet anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Heavy rain all night here in Meath and more on the way, as Gonzo said, it might be time to put the shorts away, but as i always wear them inside the house, i'll give them another few days outside yet anyway

Awoken with the noise of it now. Good decision to cut the grass yesterday

Happy4all wrote: »
    Awoken with the noise of it now. Good decision to cut the grass yesterday

Didnt get a chance to cut the grass myself, been to busy over the last few days, its not to long but this rain will make it harder to cut now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Didnt get a chance to cut the grass myself, been to busy over the last few days, its not to long but this rain will make it harder to cut now

Let's see if the rain in Japan can match it for the rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Biggest rain in Arklow in months
    Just gone over 20mm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭pad199207

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Biggest rain in Arklow in months
    Just gone over 20mm

Same as in Kildare 19mm

Looks like around 40mm of rain here since 10pm last night and still falling, i'll have to check it cos its still bucketing down and im not going out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭snowgal

Looks like around 40mm of rain here since 10pm last night and still falling, i'll have to check it cos its still bucketing down and im not going out

Yea it’s heavy rain all night in Meath... I always judge by my cats bowl! And it was fully overflowing this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Back to the usual weather again...I think i might go out protesting to bring climate change to ireland we could do with it...

Advertisement