Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asterisks in "My Forums" list

Options
  • 26-11-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,841 ✭✭✭✭

When I hover the mouse over "my Forums" asterisks appear beside 2 or 3 of the forums I moderate to indicate that there are new posts. But when I go to the forums there are no new posts and when i click on another forum the asterisk will disappear only to reappear when I move to another forum.

Hope all that makes sense.

No one's been murdered here but its damn annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

muffler wrote: »
    When I hover the mouse over "my Forums" asterisks appear beside 2 or 3 of the forums I moderate to indicate that there are new posts. But when I go to the forums there are no new posts and when i click on another forum the asterisk will disappear only to reappear when I move to another forum.

Hope all that makes sense.

No one's been murdered here but its damn annoying.

What also is happening with me of late, which I didn't think much of, but may aswell include here now: I click to mark forum as read, but it doesn't mark it read at all.

I mark it read, click away, go back up to 'my forums' to see new asterix but nothing new has been posted.

Thanks op, I was just going to put up with it, but since you raised it I thought I'd let you know you're not alone with that *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

So essentially you're saying forums aren't been marked as read? Is this on touch or on the full boards website? Could you try both?

Will file a bug report for this on Monday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

It's happened a few times to me as well on the full site (only one i use). It's happened back in March and June. It rights itself after a while, so could it be a browser cache problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mine generally works (beta, full website) but occasionally I go to a site and check the new posts then return to Favourites and the asterisk is still there. Occasionally the bolding that indicates new post also does not go away. Its very hit and miss though and not a great problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,841 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is this on touch or on the full boards website? Could you try both?
    You're not touching me Danny. :pac:

Full Boards website

• Advertisement

You're not touching me Danny. :pac:

You wish :p

Cheers for the info folks, I'll take a look early next week and see if there's anything funny going on.

Its working fine again :confused::confused:

Its working fine again :confused::confused:

It is still the same for me though, but if it can't be fixed then no hassle. Nothing major like :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    It is still the same for me though, but if it can't be fixed then no hassle. Nothing major like :)

mine are grand now again :)

I have one forum in the drop down list under "my forums" that is displaying an asterisk but there are no new posts there. Not sure if it's relevant but it's the Donegal forum.

• Advertisement

ah I need to *bump* this thread :)

It's happening again with me when I click 'Mark this forum read' : It marks all threads in forum as read but upon leaving another forum it shows as unread again with no new posts since previous visit to forum.

Which forum are you marking as read that subsequently shows as unread with 0 new posts? :)

Which forum are you marking as read that subsequently shows as unread with 0 new posts? :)

Hello again, hopefully you won't pull much hair out today with me :)

Today:

/ha! Now this forum is showing an * with no new posts :)

This has cropped up again just today. 4 forums that I am following (I mod 3 of them btw) have asterisks showing in the drop down list in "my forums" but there are no new posts. Using FF 14.0.1

Update: I restarted the browser (if thats the right phrase) and problem solved.

Either that or Danny has been shooting stars :D

Indeed, it would appear that restarting your browser probably fixed the issue for now. If it reappears let us know, changes going on here for various fixes that should resolve the My Forums issues once and for all :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement