Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardsies Decide (Again) The Best Wrestling Theme Song.... EVER

Options
  • 03-04-2020 9:59pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is a reincarnation of a tournament previously ran on the Pro Wrestling forum -

Where Real American came out on top!!!

But that was 2014 - and this is 2020.

Time for a REBOOT!!

For this game, please send me 5 nominations via PM.

I will then collate them, add some of my own that were not nominated and produce a tournament format where people vote on the best in knockout format.

You will whittle them down until we find the BEST.

Qualifying Rules: The song you are submitting must have been a theme song for either:

A wrestler eg. Hulk Hogan
    OR
    A wrestling programme eg. Monday Night RAW

That's it!

It will start when I get enough nominations, probably sometime next week.

Now off you all go and listen to some theme songs, it's WrestleMania season after all!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well overnight I have received 45 entries. I think 64 is probably enough for this contest, otherwise there's going to be a lot of filler.

But I'll keep nominations open till this evening anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Necro wrote: »
    Well overnight I have received 45 entries. I think 64 is probably enough for this contest, otherwise there's going to be a lot of filler.

But I'll keep nominations open till this evening anyways.

45 different songs? Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

is it time to play the game? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

is it time to play the game? :pac:

Na it’s “my time”

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Na it’s “my time”

in time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim Johnston should really be in the Hall of Fame

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok I have enough nominations to run this.

If there's anything that you notice missed out during the first round let me know and I'll include it in the battle royale at the end of first round....

Tournament thread coming soon.....

Tournament Thread is now up.

I will post the first few matches around 5pm.

Advertisement