Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salary and comms payments question...

• 31-03-2020 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

HI,

I am hoping someone can help me, it is work/salary related so not sure if this belongs in work issues or here, move if appropriate.

I work in sales and my annual earnings are based on a base salary plus monthly comms. I also get discretionary performance related quarterly and annual bonuses too. It is an American company and I am based in London.

So I booked a sale end of Dec 2019 for Company A. The comms earned on this sale was $2000. The client requested a quarterly payment structure meaning I was to be paid $500 in Feb, May, Aug & Nov. The client subsequently cancelled the order in Jan and before they were invoiced due to unforeseen circumstances with their current vendor as they had not realised they were still under contract.

I then booked another sale in Jan 2020 for Company B where the comms for this sale was $8000. As they were invoiced in Feb I was due to be paid my comms for this at the end of March, yesterday.

However what I received was comms totalling $6000 ($8000 - $2000), it seems they are clawing back a comms payment (Company A) I have not received as yet, first payment was due last month of $374.02 but I did receive it.

I queried this and I got the following reply...

There were commission credit applied to Feb.May.Aug.Nov for the quarterly invoice ($500 per Q)

Then when it was debooked in Jan 2020, the clawback for the same amounts were recorded in Feb.May.Aug.Nov. They offset. So there is no impact on your commission. Sorry, it’s a bit confusing without the 2019 tab. We were advised by the previous commission team that that’s how it’s recorded due to amortization of commission that accounting is doing.

So my question is, how can they claw back a payment of $2000 ( $500 x 4) that was never sent by my employer nor received by myself? Am I missing something here that only accountants can see?

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

frAg

Advertisement