Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CGT Dates

• 01-01-2020 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi All

Just a small query re CGT payment and return dates:

If I sell shares today, am I correct in saying any CGT due must be paid by Dec 15th 2020 but CGT return is not due in Oct 2021?

Also for a PAYE earner who has hd no liability to CGT previously, where on revenue.ie/MY Account are the above done?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Re payment & filing dates you are correct.

Currently PAYE services in Revenue My Account don’t support CGT filing, you have to do a manual filing on CG1 form. Only full form 11 on ROS has the CGT option. Hopefully the CGT online for PAYE will be part of a My Account upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

Stratvs wrote: »
    Re payment & filing dates you are correct.

Currently PAYE services in Revenue My Account don’t support CGT filing, you have to do a manual filing on CG1 form. Only full form 11 on ROS has the CGT option. Hopefully the CGT online for PAYE will be part of a My Account upgrade.

Thanks for that. Can I pay by credit card on Revenue My Account?

Eldrew wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Can I pay by credit card on Revenue My Account?

https://www.revenue.ie/en/gains-gifts-and-inheritance/transfering-an-asset/when-how-do-you-pay-and-file-cgt.aspx

If you register for CGT you can then pay on MyAccount. It's not automatically there. You need to send a My Enquiry for it to be added.

You can also file the payslip manually and make payment via card ( seee reverse of the payslip at link below )
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/gains-gifts-and-inheritance/documents/cgta.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lukari

HI,
    As I understand you need to report any dispose of assets,so i sold few shares ,gain less than 1270 so dont need to pay but under what i report that gain?
    Thank you

lukari wrote: »
    HI,
    As I understand you need to report any dispose of assets,so i sold few shares ,gain less than 1270 so dont need to pay but under what i report that gain?
    Thank you

If you’re PAYE Form 12 filer then form CG1 can be used.
    If you’re a ROS Form 11 filer then there is a section in the Form 11 for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starstreamer8

Hi,
    I am a paye worker and need to make a CGT return for a gain in Dec 2020. I have an option to pay the tax in myaccount but can't find any option to do a return online and I cant find a CG1 form for 2020. Any advice on how to make the return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭spuddy

Hi,
    I am a paye worker and need to make a CGT return for a gain in Dec 2020. I have an option to pay the tax in myaccount but can't find any option to do a return online and I cant find a CG1 form for 2020. Any advice on how to make the return?

You need to pay any tax due for 2020, but the return itself isn't due until the normal cutoff point (normally Oct 31 for paper returns). That's why the 2020 CG1 isn't available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starstreamer8

that makes sense. thanks a mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭spuddy

that makes sense. thanks a mill.
    No problem, it's far from intuitive!

Advertisement