Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator removed - temporary loop

Options
  • 14-10-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I removed a radiator in my en-suite and added some new plumbing to the opposite wall to house a towell radiator. As there is no plaster board or tile installed yet I just created a loop between the copper pipes that are proud of what the finished wall will be while I get on with the rest of the renovation. I filled the system back up and bled all of the radiators in the house of air and the heating is working as normal with no leaks in the new piping but I was expecting the new loop of pipework to get warm and it didn't. Could this be because I have no way of bleeding air from this new pipework until I install a radiator?

Thanks

Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

im a bit lost as to what you have done

but I presume this new pipe work is capped somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Congelo

Hi Jim,

Sorry my explanation may not have been completely clear. I ran new pex from the flow and return manifolds in the hot press to an existing wall in my ensuite. This is for a new towel radiator I will fit when the walls and tiles are completed. Instead of capping this pipework I completed the loop with some push fitting elbows and pex proud of what the finished wall will be.

Advertisement