Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw someone famous but don't know who

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Has Pat done anything of note since kids roared their names into a big tuba on tv in the 1980s??....haven’t seen him about since?
    Is he even still alive??

Poetry. He hasn't been on television much since he recited a poem called 'Vagina in the Vatican' on Kenny Live in the early '90s. He's still going strong. Until earlier this year, he was selling his books on Westmoreland Street every day.

One of his collections of poems is called "I thought you died years ago" - because people have been saying that to him every day for the last 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Was it Karl Marx?

Nah, he was eating mushrooms in the public park.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Poetry. He hasn't been on television much since he recited a poem called 'Vagina in the Vatican' on Kenny Live in the early '90s. He's still going strong. Until earlier this year, he was selling his books on Westmoreland Street every day.

One of his collections of poems is called "I thought you died years ago" - because people have been saying that to him every day for the last 30 years.

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    He's an older guy with long grey/white hair and beard

Nell McCafferty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Pat Ingoldsby?

72426597_640d80bd62_z.jpg

(probably not him, but any excuse to post a picture of a genuine living legend)

This was who I first though of when I read the post.

• Advertisement

prof john fitzgerald
    liam cunningham

theyd be two that spring to mind that you see a bit around d2

Just since the poster above suggested John Fitzgerald, what about Moore McDowell?

Can't link on my phone (well, can't be arsed actually) but if you don't know what he looks like, Michael. McDowell with a beard but more self-satisfied.

Or a very mean Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Nell McCafferty?

Is she on boards? I thought I read somewhere that she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Marian Finucane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

RMAOK wrote: »
    Is she on boards? I thought I read somewhere that she was.

Hope so.

Always liked her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Sean McGinley? Patrick Bergin? Emmet Bergin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

John_Sheahan_2005.jpg

John Sheahan from the Dubliners

Godlike, just look at that glow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Just since the poster above suggested John Fitzgerald, what about Moore McDowell?

Can't link on my phone (well, can't be arsed actually) but if you don't know what he looks like, Michael. McDowell with a beard but more self-satisfied.

Or a very mean Santa.
    Self satisfied? Do you mean pompous?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Twink ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Pat Ingoldsby?

72426597_640d80bd62_z.jpg

(probably not him, but any excuse to post a picture of a genuine living legend)

One of the most interesting Irish intellects ever IMO. Doesn't get much recognition, but for me that makes him even greater.

They made us study some nonsense in school to give us an 'appreciation' of poetry. But oddly the only poetry books I ever bought after leaving school were Ingoldsby's. Extra buzz too buying it direct from the creator and having the craic with him on the street.

Edgware wrote: »
    Self satisfied? Do you mean pompous?

Hmm, no; wouldn't go that far.

OP, Here's a other possible candidate, John Honohan.

Advertisement