Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder date fear

Options
  • 13-10-2019 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I feel really bad after a tinder date, im early 30's, started messaging this guy, he looked nice in his photos and we got on well over text so decided to meet, we decided to go for drinks. When I met him I wasnt attracted to him at all but we actually got on really well, as we were talking though he said some things that turned me off him completely in a romantic way but as we were having such a good time I decided to stay out, we both had allot to drink and stayed out until 3 after which I went home. All night we kissed twice but that was it and we only kissed because of the drink.
    I dont think I realised how drunk I was but I met people I knew and basically told everyone that this guy was a tinder date that id just met and tbh, it looked as though I was going home to sleep with him, as I was leaving the pub one of the guys I knew made a comment, and goes enjoy the sex. I didnt sleep with him and had no intention of having sex with him but im afraid that I looked really bad, I hardley ever meet people off tinder, ive only ever met 3 people off it and theres months between them. I feel awful and worried about what other people think of me now...

Does it sound really bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Not at all, plenty of people use tinder and the dates can go either way. Any if you're keeping a few months in between dates youre maintaining a bigger gap than most. Don't worry about it and if someone is making an issue of it they are unlikely to be serious. Unless they have an actual reason to be interested (crushing or so)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

No. Quite frankly it's a bit strange that you'd even think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭HBC08

Youve just got a bit of the fear going on.

Relax and dont stress,its a nothing burger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

The fella saying enjoy the sex sounds like an arsehole. Who would say that in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Sounds like the hangover fear to me op, which in my experience can last a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Your fear is based solely on a jokey but probably an ill-conceived comment from a guy about enjoying the sex. In reity people rarely give a second thought about what a person gets up in their personal/private life and if they do it says more about them.

The issue is why would it bother you if they did assume that you did sleep with the guy? Meeting someone and going home with them is nothing to be ashamed about and if someone thought less of you, their opinion is not worth your worry.

Also kissing someone that you are not romantically attracted to is very common and getting caught up in the moment happens.

Instead of worrying about what other people think, live your life how you want to and have no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Whether he was a tinder date or not , it was an off hand comment when you were leaving by someone who hadn't a clue what they were talking about so treat it as that. Don't worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

reading your post i think your fear appears to be along the lines of you fear your reputation will be sullied?

In 2019 you are allowed to enjoy sex! If you choose to you are allowed to have sex on a 1st date.

The throwaway comment appears to have got into your head, but to be honest dont let yourself be shamed. if anyone makes a comment tell them its 2019 not 1919!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

The only thing that sounds bad is you're using alcohol to lower your inhibitions then blaming your actions on drink the next day. No one wants to read a post from you in 2 months time saying you slept with someone but don't remember agreeing to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks I feel allot better about the whole thing, its just not something id normally do and combined with a hangover I was overthinking the whole situation.
    Honestly I had a really fun night out and got on with the guy as if I knew him for years.

To the last poster, I dont know what youre suggesting with that comment but I didnt find it helpful at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

To the last poster, I dont know what youre suggesting with that comment but I didnt find it helpful at all.

It was fairly clear what I was suggesting. I think all drinkers get the fear but there were some red flags in your post that suggest watching your intake.
    • I wasnt attracted to him
    • we only kissed because of the drink
    • I dont think I realised how drunk I was
    • worried about what other people think of me now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

antix80 wrote: »
    It was fairly clear what I was suggesting. I think all drinkers get the fear but there were some red flags in your post that suggest watching your intake.
    • I wasnt attracted to him
    • we only kissed because of the drink
    • I dont think I realised how drunk I was
    • worried about what other people think of me now

While I think your advice is meant with good intentions you may be laying it on a bit thick and shouldn't be that confused when op questioned it.

Firstly if you had to be attracted to everyone you kissed then it would be a boring world.

Majority of first kisses are because of drink so don't mess with that formula.

People never realise how drunk they are until they are wearing the face off someone who annoyed them 4 wines ago. Again life.

Do you know how condescending and preachy it is when people talk about red flags for alcoholism after they scored someone after a drink. Now if it affected their life work and relationships and a was a regular occurrence.,grand but a drunken score. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

<SNIP>

Mod:

pinkyeye, personal abuse is not acceptable and is not tolerated in PI. You can disagree with someone without resorting to name-calling.

wiggle

Advertisement