Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What school rules did you break?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I used to bring my dog with me to school now and again. He'd bark outside and I'd be asked to bring the dog home. It was a half hour at most to do the job but I'd be gone from school for an hour or an hour and a half. Great days.

Ha i did the same, I'd let him follow me every so often, I'd bring him in the school gates and from there he'd be going around to every classroom for a while until i was told to bring him home, simpler times indeed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Does anyone remember the lads who were expelled from Oatlands College? Some 6th year and one of Mick Wallace's sons got expelled for making a Facebook page on slagging teachers (mainly sexual things). My school took a harsh stance and even 40 students who simply liked their page were given a detention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I broke every school rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Back in 1979 a few 6th class lads managed to get the keys of the CBS. They had th e bright idea of robbing all the leathers. SOmeone squealed on them and a few days after they were brought out to the yard and walloped round the arse and the back of the legs with replacement leathers for about 20 minutes by three CBS cnuts while the whole school watched. One of the CBS has done time twice since for kiddie fiddling in that town and two others,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

None.

I was the quiet swotty one.:o

I literally spoke to no one ...not student not teachers....

One time we had to write anon descriptions of each other ..all i got was ..quiet ..she's quiet..

Then one time i met my previous classmates in town ...all i got was ...gosh you were so quiet.

Smoked in the toilets a couple of times. Threw a kid's book out the window. Late for class sometimes. Cursed a couple of times in class. Surprised I still have the job to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Said i didn't believe in God, so ended up in hospital with broken fingers from the "yard stick" Parents told it was a accident playing football. I was told i'd be expelled if i said otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Challenged school on my appearance, i didn't meet their criteria, I won, teachers views can be a little dump at times, to say the least, and to have a child point this out! schools are weird places, why are we intent on making kids miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

The younger brother kidnapped the baby Jesus out of the school crib and left a ransom note. Sent fingers and all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement