Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nest with Air to Water Heat Pump

Options
  • 07-10-2019 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Nest advise that their thermostat is compatible with heat pumps
    But I’m having difficulty finding someone willing to install it.

Even electric Ireland won’t touch it.

Has anyone had a Nest installed with a heat pump or know why it would be an issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

I'm probably getting Nests on my new heating system - interested to know how you got on. From what I've read there should be no issue in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I’ve reached out to a few installers via the Google Nest website as I’m finding it impossible to find a local installer so we’ll see

Whats the normal way of controlling the heat pump system?

Whats the normal way of controlling the heat pump system?

Not sure, haven’t taken possession of the house yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dubbrin

Radiators or underfloor heating? What brand is the HP? Might be best to leave it off on it's own controls unless the layout / use of the house is not 'typical'...

• Advertisement

dubbrin wrote: »
    Radiators or underfloor heating? What brand is the HP? Might be best to leave it off on it's own controls unless the layout / use of the house is not 'typical'...

It’s an Atlantic heat pump.

Underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs.

The default heating controls may be ok but I’d like the remote ability offered by the nest too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Because of the slow reaction of underfloor heating used with HP, such remote control is nearly redundant. Timers and thermostats take care of it.
    Perhaps a case could be made if your job required sudden/unplanned days away.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Wearb wrote: »
    Because of the slow reaction of underfloor heating used with HP, such remote control is nearly redundant. Timers and thermostats take care of it.
    Perhaps a case could be made if your job required sudden/unplanned days away.

Thanks might just leave it off so.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

Hi, sorry for jumping in but i m interested to know why not?

if you have multiple zone heating regardless of what type of heat source you use to heat all the zones, wouldn’t be efficient to not heat zone where you don’t need or keep temperature low even its under floor?

Sorry if my question doesn’t make sense as i m still half asleep :)
    sozbox wrote: »
    It’s an Atlantic heat pump.

Underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs.

The default heating controls may be ok but I’d like the remote ability offered by the nest too.

Advertisement