Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy farrell - overseas players

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

connachta wrote: »
    In Premiership

For the Bristol/L.Irish game we had this week

1) Sheedy on the bench
    2) Macken starting
    3) Piers O'conor starting
    4) Gilsenan starting
    5) Joyce starting

In the 5 other games I've spotted

1) Charlie Mulchrone on the bench for Quins
    2) Michael Heaney starting for Worcester
    3) Jordan Coghlan starting for Leicester (plays 7 or 8)

(I didn't forget Whitten/Steenson/Muldowney, but they are too old to come now)

Worth noting how many prem players are at World Cup to facilitate these starters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

JJJackal wrote: »
    Worth noting how many prem players are at World Cup to facilitate these starters

Muldowney - always wonder why he never got a call up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

tototoe wrote: »
    Jesus you're like a 15 year old Conor McGregor fan. Can't see anything wrong

I don't see a discernible game plan in 2019 tbh.. I think we look rudderless and have done throughout the 6 nations and into the wc..

To briefly answer your question...

Id like to see a game plan where we are not asking a 37 yo hooker to captain the team and play at wc level at that age when he is clearly not up to it on a consistent basis

or we're not wrapping our 'best' player in bubble wrap every 2nd game in case he might break....and considering his back ups are either as injury prone, not fully fit or not anywhere near the same level

Or not bring Henshaw who hasn't even been on the field yet for the first 3 games of a wc, because you know ..he's great

or we play players in a bit of form, not hoping they might get some by playing badly...considering we have our ' best squad ever'.

If our 'star' players aren't up to it, and some are clearly not at the.moment then use someone else and not say a few rosaries and put out the Child of Prague in the hope they come good which is what seems to be happening here.

I have never said nothing is wrong

Not one of your comments is about a game plan,....just a moan about specific players

Let’s break it down, what is the current Irish game plan?

Since you have such a problem with it you should know what it is

JJJackal wrote: »
    Muldowney - always wonder why he never got a call up

Because he wasn’t good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Niallof9 wrote: »
    Look we'll never agree and while i hope we win the world cup i would also be happy to say i told you so.

Here, make up your bloody mind, either you're supporting the team or you're not.

• Advertisement

crybaby wrote: »
    Here, make up your bloody mind, either you're supporting the team or you're not.

You not know? He is a rugby player....played on pitch with.....ahh I can’t remember the full details
    Of the fairy tail....

Advertisement