Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSI and Reaching 66 in 2018

Options
  • 28-09-2019 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭

Just working through the ROS F11

I reached 66 in late Nov 2018 so it shows no PRSI due.
    I have been a PAYE employee for all of 2018 so have paid PRSI on my employee income.[1,400 euro]

The F11 does not ask for PRSI paid...
    To check, I changed my DOB to make me 60 and the F11 recalculates, showing PRSI due on directors fees and dividends and deposit interest, but not on the PAYE income.

So am wondering when the PRSI exemption takes effect: is is only after you reach 66.
    the employer is still collecting it this tax year.
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

ROS doesn’t compute PRSI on non-PAYE income the year in which you reach 66.
    The employer should have stopped collecting PRSI from whatever date in Nov 2018 you reached 66. PRSI would have been payable up to then. There may be o/payts of ee & er PRSI between Nov and 31/12/18 depending on class being paid. You can’t deal with that on F11 but there is a DEASP process for it (like below) Has PRSI been paid in 2019 on PAYE income? Unless er payroll has date of birth entered it will continue computing PRSI.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/PRSI---PRSI-Refunds-Section.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Stratvs wrote: »
    ROS doesn’t compute PRSI on non-PAYE income the year in which you reach 66.
    The employer should have stopped collecting PRSI from whatever date in Nov 2018 you reached 66. PRSI would have been payable up to then. There may be o/payts of ee & er PRSI between Nov and 31/12/18 depending on class being paid. You can’t deal with that on F11 but there is a DEASP process for it (like below) Has PRSI been paid in 2019 on PAYE income? Unless er payroll has date of birth entered it will continue computing PRSI.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/PRSI---PRSI-Refunds-Section.aspx
    Thanks as always.
    As it happens I have got my last PAYE payslip for 2019, anything else in 2019 will be a zero hrs contractor.
    edit:
    Have signed up for my My GovID account from the link so process in hand!
    Thanks again.

Just a bit of intel on the process here.
    The easiest way is to FIRST get your mobile phone verified, by attending your local SWO.
    [You will need the PPS card]

I was not aware of this step so went the correspondence route to get a 6 digit code.
    Code arrived but the verification process failed, so I called them, 15 minutes later on an 1890 number they tell me that my answer to the mothers maiden name was wrong..

Anyway, went and got the phone verified and the lady very kindly gave me a screen shot of the data held on me as they had her Irish name from my long form birth cert.

Mothers maiden name was mis-spelled....:eek:

The phone verification step bypassed the mothers maiden name question but its good to know it was wrong.
    HTH

My Gov only showing 2018 still, which I reclaimed

Advertisement