Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Expect Run the Jewels also as they are touring with RATM

Got my guest list sorted for EP once I saw RATM were playing, no way I could miss them here! Buzzing!

Surprised there hasn't been more activity here with such a big announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Liam Gallagher looks a cert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Potential for a.massive live collab there between RTJ and De La Rocha. Would be insane to hear the three of them do Close Your Eyes and Count to **** together.

Easily my fave track by them, and have always loved the vid:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

dav09 wrote: »
    Good and bad on the R&L lineup. Down the list some good acts, there's loads of hip hop that would be good additions to EP Slowthai, Denzel, Headie, Danny Brown. We seemed to be deprived of almost any hip hop last year (although Scary Eire besides sound issues were class as always) so would be nice to see some more this year. Mahalia, Fontaines, Idles would be good shouts I reckon too to be added.

Don't forget Kneecap played as well.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Picture This to sub for RATM, as they did for The Prodigy? You know it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dav09

Don't forget Kneecap played as well.

Yeah and a few more as I reflect on some drunk memories there were a few more, JYellowl, TPM were good too, great craic, enjoyed that a lot. But were mostly smaller Irish acts vs really any International acts in contrast to some previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

when are announcements likely?

If Idles got on the same day as RATM maybe ill bite the bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭rubick

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Picture This to sub for RATM, as they did for The Prodigy? You know it makes sense.

Motion to have Seath barred for life from the thread. For THREE WEEKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Makes perfect sense. And as they are being told "you are over time, get off the stage!", they will break into "Damn you, I won't do what you tell me".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

rubick wrote: »

Seconded.
    No objections?

Carried.

• Advertisement

Won't get the days confirmed until the week of EP, might be able to make an educated guess by looking at tour dates though

dav09 wrote: »
    Yeah and a few more as I reflect on some drunk memories there were a few more, JYellowl, TPM were good too, great craic, enjoyed that a lot. But were mostly smaller Irish acts vs really any International acts in contrast to some previous years.

Maverick Sabre also.

rubick wrote: »

Alas the chances of PT not having a slot this year are negligible. They don't turn up and I'll happily accept a ban for this lifetime and my next few.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Electric Picnic
    It’s official! Rage Against The Machine are our first headliner for #EP20. We’ll be releasing some more news about our full line up announcement in the coming days! #ElectricPicnic ✨🎪🌳

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Surprisingly decent announcement of an announcement of the actual announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Friday confirmed.

RATM
    HamsandwicH
    RTJ
    Booka Brass

/joke

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

RandL lineup at the moment certainly hasn’t got the scale and impressiveness as in recent years but I think they’ve always done a lot more to please every type of festival goer with at least a few big names in every genre. Moreso than the Picnic over the last few years...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭endainoz

Wooderson wrote: »
    Friday confirmed.

RATM
    HamsandwicH
    RTJ
    Booka Brass

/joke

I'd be happy with that!

Body and soul have a great lineup out aswell this summer is looking great so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Think we are doing well so far

We got an actual headliner announced before the announcement of the announcement!!!

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    Body and soul have a great lineup out aswell this summer is looking great so far!

Apologies Eanna, but from what I've seen it's a bit bland for me. Little there that's new to the Irish festival scene though I've only seen 10/11 acts listed. But I'm very happy to see so many Irish artists taking what will surely be big slots there.

Continued congrats to EP and ATN for giving our artists prominent slots. That's surely a major part of the progressive development of our eclectic music scene.

Three of the four acts on the main stage on the Friday of EP last year were Irish. Four other Irish acts had slots there over the weekend. Irrespective of your thoughts on the individual artists that's really encouraging stuff.

Apologies Eanna, but from what I've seen it's a bit bland for me. Little there that's new to the Irish festival scene though I've only seen 10/11 acts listed. But I'm very happy to see so many Irish artists taking what will surely be big slots there.

Continued congrats to EP and ATN for giving our artists prominent slots. That's surely a major part of the progressive development of our eclectic music scene.

Three of the four acts on the main stage on the Friday of EP last year were Irish. Four other Irish acts had slots there over the weekend. Irrespective of your thoughts on the individual artists that's really encouraging stuff.

Ah yeah fair enough, you know me man, I never stop going on about Irish acts and how important is it for their promotion. Upon seeing the Body and soul lineup I was actually impressed that I knew a good few of the acts.

Like you I've seen a lot of them before alright but I guess I'm just a bit excited about hopefully getting to go.

June will be a serious drain on my wallet. (And my liver)

endainoz wrote: »
    Ah yeah fair enough, you know me man, I never stop going on about Irish acts and how important is it for their promotion. Upon seeing the Body and soul lineup I was actually impressed that I knew a good few of the acts.

Like you I've seen a lot of them before alright but I guess I'm just a bit excited about hopefully getting to go.

June will be a serious drain on my wallet. (And my liver)

Would actually love to go myself (never been as abroad for years and EP the only festival I travelled back for) but another festival the week after plus Peggy Seeger that weekend in Galway so it'll have to be 2021/22.

Enjoy it man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

This is the wrong time of the year, and it's in the states, but what a lineup!

That's a hell of a throw back stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Now you're talking. I didn't think I'd see Moz headlining anything ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Bauhaus,Christian Death and Devo on that bill,whips and chains at the ready guys!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Are we expecting Fontains DC at EP this year?

Fatfrog wrote: »

I would think so, headliner for EA would be my guess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »

I hope not :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement