Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Mayer 2019 3 arena

Options
13»

Comments

s8n wrote: »
    I’m baffled by the lack of spare standing tickets floating around for this (none came back on TM), I had no idea he was this popular here

Turns out that the standing area for this gig is as small as it goes in the 3 Arena. I just about got a standing ticket yesterday courtesy of a Guitarist page on Facebook.

Are you from the city? No need to answer here, but if it's not much effort for you, IMO it would be worth going down to the 3 Arena before doors open to see what tickets people (not touts) are trying to shift at the last moment.

Edit: Go to Toutless NOW! One standing ticket posted 20 minutes ago.

Edit 2: And it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

lots of seating tickets still available on Ticketmaster website

Block C,D,E & F

Simply one of the best gigs I've been to, well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

I wouldnt have had the greatest knowledge of Mayers songs before going tonight but always rated him highly as a guitarist, that was a tremendous gig. Covering Tougher than the Rest by Springsteen was a brucie bonus on top of world class musicianship that rarely comes around. What a guitar player that man is.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

That was a phenomenal show.

An unbelievable musician, with a great band, and an almost 3 hour set.

So many of the songs that I don't even enjoy that much he completely turned me on them.

Really thought in your atmosphere was a nice touch and acoustic neon was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

what an amazing gig that was!
    Great set, band were fantastic. Best sound I've heard at a gig there.
    As for JM himself - wow. Brought his A game big time. Phenomenal guitar playing. Crowd were great too.
    Hopefully he doesn't leave it another 15 odd years to his next Irish gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Incredible show - I’ve not seen an Irish audience that captivated for a long time. Very little movement to bars or mobile phones during the show, was truly great to see. As for the man himself, truly gifted performer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Bodes well for a gig in Dubland were the 'Dead to tour the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wooderson wrote: »
    Bodes well for a gig in Dubland were the 'Dead to tour the EU.

DisgustingUniformBee-size_restricted.gif

'Belief' is a serious opener. I am a fan of chilled openers (Pearl Jam do this at most of their shows to great effect) but sometimes it's nice to see a band come out and just light the place up with the first tune. Belief was great for that, straight away from the drum intro I was hooked into the show. (That snare drum sound, fúckin' hell)

The panic/confusion on JM's face and his body language when the band didn't play 'I Don't Trust Myself' as intended was priceless. Like, there was no song in the setlist which starts with that big chord swell, so JM really had no fúcking clue what was going on for those few moments before the band started singing Happy Birthday, as he admitted later on. Also, lol at the crowd launching into Happy Birthday themselves straight after the first song. Did we perhaps cut the band's bush a little? Nah, it all contributed to a great atmosphere in the 3 Arena last night.

So many great renditions on the night and quality jams...like the improv in the middle of Slow Dancing - I didn't think he was going to play the record's distinctive solo after 2 minutes of improv and bringing the dynamics of the song right down. I was expecting him just to go straight into the 'Go cry about it why don't you...' section after this, but when he unleashed the record solo and the band came back 'up' it brought the song to a whole new level for me.

Outside of Hans Zimmer's touring band and orchestra, that was the best sound I've heard in the 3 Arena. Even surpassing the 2 recent-ish Fleetwood Mac gigs, which were also examples of how live sound can still be quality in the age of rising complaints. His vocals were crystal clear, and usually at a gig this can come at the expense of other instruments in the mix...but not on this gig.

I can't say enough good things, clearly. Just a great night and serious value for money. JM plus 8 top musicians onstage where each of them were given multiple chances to shine, 2.5 hours of music, optimum sound, great crowd, I'd love to frame that gig and hang it on my wall.

Finally...

1) Pino Palladino (bass) is still one of the coolest musicians to grace a stage.

2) The Springsteen and Prince renditions were special.

1IOJH5q.jpg?2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭saffron22

What to say about that gig. First time I have literally not moved for an entire show. The sound was by far the best I've heard in the 3Arena. The band were simply stunning musicians and the man himself .... what can I say except wow what a musician. His guitar playing is second to none.

And his rythym guitarists voice opening up slow dancing was spectacular.

Hands down best gig I have been too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Seems I missed a belter.

Very intimate concert and dare i say it the best concert i've been to!
    From start to finish was captivated by him and his band!

Glad that's off my bucket list now. Hoping for another gig again some time in the future!

Amazing gig. Why Georgia was such as special uplifting moment bringing the best out of the whole band especially in that chorus. Neon was phenomenal. I really enjoyed Rosie, the beat in the album version always overshadowed the lyrics for me but that Wednesday night I really pictured John outside the front door and saw it in a new light (pardon the pun). Olivia was so funky too. I thought he was going to play I'm On Fire and then came out with a unique cover of Springsteen. And all on his birthday, his gift to us. He said at the start he would "play his ass off" and he did. We might not get him that often again. Once or twice more if we are lucky. But if we don't, I will definitely travel to see him.

On a side not, if anyone who was in the VIP section wants to offload your VIP package poster, DM me your price please or let me know here. Thanks.

Solo acoustic gig announced for March 2024! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

While I would love to see him with a full band I am liking his recent setlists.

Last concert in 3arena was amazing. I imagine this will be just as good.

Tickets start from 75.50

Amsterdam starts from 100 so we doing a bit better.

Where did you see the ticket prices?

Surprised if Dublin is cheaper! Not complaining though. Might try to get London or Amsterdam tickets too.

From the videos I've seen of the US tour so far it will definitely be worth going to!

• Advertisement

Amazing. Super gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Phenomenal

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭xyz13

Nothing will top his birthday gig in 2019, but 2024 was great.

Looking forward to watch him play at home [The Garden] next tour.

Petit a petit l'oiseau fait son nid...

Advertisement