Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie’s Angels Reboot.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

Thank goodness they informed me on the 5 second mark that the trailer was about to start NOW I think I would have missed it otherwise

FML WHO CAME UP WITH THE MINI TRAILER TEASE BEFORE THE TRAILER THING? I HOPE THEY DIE IN THEIR OWN PISS

Edit: I'll be giving this a miss.

Edit2: Unless I get woke before it's released

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Oh this looks terrible. I can only imagine Patrick Stewart did it for the money or as a favour to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I can only imagine Patrick Stewart did it for the money .
    I hate to break it to you but thats how most acting jobs work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given Stewart was happy to voice the poop emoji in The Emoji Movie, the ship for sniffing at his acting choices, or considering them flawless, has already sailed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I hate to break it to you but thats how most acting jobs work.

Gee thanks for the snark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,351 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't think it will even make half it's budget back, bombing

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭El Duda

"I really hope they reboot Charlies Angels again" - Literally no one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

El Duda wrote: »
    "I really hope they reboot Charlies Angels again" - Literally no one.

Sure they tried to reboot the TV show back in 2011 but it was so bad that it was cancelled after 4 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Get woke go broke!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I watched it tonight.
    It's actually alright. It is what you expect it to be. It's no way a 4.2 IMDB rating. I'd say it's a 6. Not the best movie you will see however not the worst.

I say it was victim to the "anti all-women cast movie" you see on the internet. Out of the 21,000 votes on IMDB it's rating is not fair. That's b movie ratings. So I reckon a lot didn't even see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bendip

I watched it tonight.
    It's actually alright. It is what you expect it to be. It's no way a 4.2 IMDB rating. I'd say it's a 6. Not the best movie you will see however not the worst.

I say it was victim to the "anti all-women cast movie" you see on the internet. Out of the 21,000 votes on IMDB it's rating is not fair. That's b movie ratings. So I reckon a lot didn't even see it.

i enjoyed it more than the barrymore..diaz..liu movies.. hardly a ringing endorsement..but not the worst night at cineworld we've had lately (the upside..the goldfinch)..there are drawbacks to having an unlimited pass..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I watched it tonight.

I reckon the majority of those down votes came after the sh!t that spewed out of Elizabeth Banks's mouth.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

nix wrote: »
    I reckon the majority of those down votes came after the sh!t that spewed out of Elizabeth Banks's mouth.. :(

Yeah I read that comment. She shouldn't have said it.
    If anyone is gonna make an all female-cast movie of something just act like the internet nay-sayers don't exist. Don't mention things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah I read that comment. She shouldn't have said it.
    If anyone is gonna make an all female-cast movie of something just act like the internet nay-sayers don't exist. Don't mention things.

I think it's becoming apparent by now it doesn't massively matter what you say or don't though - Youtube will decide what it wants you to have said based on how much it wants you to fail, and people who want to believe it will accept it at face value.

What Banks said and how it was reported - and accepted, and repeated - have a fairly distant relationship. It was always going to be something.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,351 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jonathan Tucker the the only saving grace of this awful film, needed him on screen more, terrible female castings of the angels, end credits cameos were good

Advertisement