Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rob Zombie / White Zombie

• 18-07-2004 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Don't particularly remember anyone talking much about Rob, or White Zombie. What's the story?

Personally I think there's plenty of room for discussion here.
    White Zombie were an awesome band, and Rob pretty much continues that tradition.

So come on, any Rob/White Zombie fans here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

:D
    Love 'em. I must say, Rob Zombies drummer, who may well have been the WZ drummer too, is an electronical genius!!!

Anyone see Robs movie, House of 1000 Corpses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I just wana get up and burn an X in your head...

Used to listen to them a lot a while back, havent really bothered with them to much lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

When I first heard em I was amazed, but more recently everything by them/him sounds very much the same. Still good, but less that stands out, everything just sounds "done before" and I start to tune out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i had heard of them but never really did anything about it, though i liked the song rob did on the first matrix soundtrack....great one to dance crazily to...:p..house of a 1000 corpses..supposed to be pretty gruesome

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

erm... got Hellbilly Deluxe, thought it was good, but a bit hit and miss... havent really heard much else, besides the odd White Zombie track, which again, are OK.

Guess its just not quite my type, except for afew really good tracks... saying that I have a lot of respect for The Zombie :D, he seems like a likeable bloke, and I like his film concepts (is that true that he had an idea for the Crow 3 that was supposed to be brilliant, something like an older crow, and the film basically being a fight of good versus evil... the studio supposedly said they liked it, but wanted to change it (and basically make it just like 1 and 2, so he told them to fuck off...??)

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Yeah Rob's good but I'm not too big of a fan though of his new stuff although his older stuff was quite good imo.
    I haven't seen House of a 1000 Corpses yet but I'll rent it during the week and see what its like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Liked White Zombie a lot but his solo stuff doesn't do it for me, just goes too deep into electronic territory for mise... ah well.

Chris, his drummer is John Tempesta who drummed on Astro Creep 2000 and also played for Exodus and Testament, as well as being Anthrax's drum roadie back in the day :) I think he's drumming with the reformed Helmet these days? A top class drummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ah right, his name escaped me! :) He does most, if not all, of the electronic programming for Rob Zombies solo stuff too, quite the talented bloke! :D
    House of 1000 Corpses is a fantastic movie for the most part, and the sequel is released later this year, can't wait! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Aye, here, myself and the bf really like both. Have the greatest hits CD loaded onto the MP3 player in the car, gets played a fair bit now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ive heard stuff from games such as need for speed: underground and some on radio ?

is it 2 different bands ? ne recommendations - albums ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I saw White Zombie back in 1995 at Sunstroke '95 - last ever held - in the RDS SimmonsCourt Pavilion while they were supporting Sound Garden.

They shat all over every other act that day, including the headliners. My god were they teh wee live!! :D

I rather like their stuff, and I've always had time for Rob's later stuff too (including his 'House of 1000 corpses' film). The g/f is a fan too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

White Zombie were great and I like a lot of Rob's recent stuff but I think he's stuck in a loop. His music works well in movies like the Matrix but for the most part I don't think he's strong enough now to warrant me buying an album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

white zombies la sexorcisto was a great album, but i find the rob zombie stuff a bit boring, kinda like it repeats itself alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

yep WZ had some great songs back in the day, never really got into Rob's solo stuff apart from a couple of songs. House of 1000 Corpses is an excellent movie though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah the zombie were a class band back in the day. I loved thier use of samples and electronics and stuff, they sounded pretty original back then, astro creep was cool, la sexorcisto not so much, but still good. Robs solo stuff seems to follow a pattern of 'riff, electronic drum loop, shout YEAH! at least twice every chorus, repeat'.
    House of 1000 corpses was cool tho, and Rob does seem like a pretty cool guy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭princess penny

Originally posted by Dathai
    Yeah Rob's good but I'm not too big of a fan though of his new stuff although his older stuff was quite good imo.
    I haven't seen House of a 1000 Corpses yet but I'll rent it during the week and see what its like.

Same here!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

yeah wz were teh l33t,rz is ok but its mostly the same,i just preferd the origional stuffs,and ya chris drummer = rox0r lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by Carlitos
    yeah wz were teh l33t,rz is ok but its mostly the same,i just preferd the origional stuffs,and ya chris drummer = rox0r lol

How about repeating that in English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

Placebo wrote:
    ive heard stuff from games such as need for speed: underground and some on radio ?

is it 2 different bands ? ne recommendations - albums ?

Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe, and the remix album American Made Music To Strip By

White Zombie - Astrocreep 2000, and the remix album Supersexy Swingin' Sounds \m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

i tihnk sinister urge is a good bit better than hellbilly

• Advertisement

Resurrecting a 15 year old thread is probably frowned upon but I didn't want to start a new one just to post a link. Bringing something back from the dead kind of suits RZ anyway

Rob Zombie did a cool two hour interview with Joe Rogan last week:

He discusses his new movie and his career. He name drops some cool film references to look up too (Anybody seen 'Carny'?)

Lemming wrote: »
    I saw White Zombie back in 1995 at Sunstroke '95 - last ever held - in the RDS SimmonsCourt Pavilion while they were supporting Sound Garden.

They shat all over every other act that day, including the headliners. My god were they teh wee live!! :D

This was a hell of a show. I was blown away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bringing back a zombie thread to discuss Rob Zombie.
    Kudos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I would love to see White Zombie, one of my regrets is not seeing them back in the day!!

Would love to see a reunion tour!!

Advertisement