Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo home vs zoning your home

Options
  • 29-09-2019 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I'd like to get some feedback or suggestions, if you had a single zone home ie water and 3 floors running as a single zone would it be best to go through the labourous task of zoning into 4 zones I. E. Water, ground, 1st and 2nd floor or would a system like evo home be the easy and better option? Smart rad valves etc vs zone thermostat.

I'd love to get some feedback from someone who has done something like this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭burdburd

We have a 3 storey 1900s terrace, we have zones - 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor. HW is on a separate zone. We use Inspirehomeautomation for nearly 6 years, works great and no ongoing fees. Wireless stats. I also have thermostatic valves in each room to easily adjust each room in a zone manually.

We use the floors quite independently - so need the 3 x zone control. Plus the cost of heating - more control the better.

We are renovating rear to a modern build for Kitchen and Living & Utility etc. My Q is can I use an air pump to Underfloor Heating in the new space - and the old house , which is NOT air tight . Will need to replace the Gas Boiler in any case and cannot figure out what best to go with.

Advertisement